All reviews newport on the levee ohio river across the river river view joe's crab shack covered parking downtown cincinnati chart house within walking distance party source pedestrian bridge ball park bengals game room was clean waffles nice hotel the great american ballpark
Reviewed October 23, 2018

First, the view and location are darn good. We had a room with the view of the river/skyline and that was awesome. Our room itself was fine outside of a big carpet stain that looked untreated and pretty fresh ...yuck...Beds were comfy...The facility had a few issues but nothing that ruined the stay. First the common spaces do not meet what is necessary for the capacity of the hotel... Not enough parking to start..Breakfast was adequate but people had to eat standing up as again there was not enough space to accommodate the crowd. Take the stairs! Elevators were old, slow and took forever but we used it as an excuse to get some exercise..Clearly areas are under construction as floors and baseboards were pretty messed up. We were part of a wedding group and the front desk missed handing out the bags to us, but we got them later...but still kind of ruined the moment...Folks were nice enough although the kitchen had a real difficult time keeping up with the breakfast crowd, especially with those acting like it was their last meal..and did get a little testy when asked to replenish bread and muffins that were gone. Overall I would agree with another reviewer..adequate but not great.

Room tip: river and skyline view!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank weldy9
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Only booked this hotel because it was near the Riverboat cruise port. Getting in a
parking space was difficult and very small.. The room was large and had sofa, micro and refrig.
It was 125 a night plus tax. No city view, TV remote didn't work and the finish
in bathtub was off. The towel rack was right beside the toilet so if you stand up
your head hits the rack. We had breakfast on the riverboat so did not eat the
breakfast provided. Limited luggage cart so had to carry items up and down to
the car. No heat or vent in the bathroom. Toilet seat moved around at times and
had to ask for additional toilet paper.
For the price I would have expected better.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Husted957
Reviewed October 11, 2018

From the time I checked in until I left, it was an extremely bad experience. I was told check in was 4:00, I stood at the front desk until 4:30 waiting for a room. The carpet in my room looked worn and dirty, when I turned down my bed the sheets were stained with some pretty obvious stains. I called the front desk and they sent a young man up who handed me sheets. I asked if he would at least help me change the linens which he did, good thing...wrong sized sheets. When he saw the stains he was very embarrassed, apologized and asked if he could take pictures. The nightstands were very dirty. The 24/7 coffee machine was out of order in the main area. We had to evacuate in the middle of the night when alarms went off. The firemen indicated they were allied here on some regularity. No one that worked at this site wore identifying uniforms. Outside the entrance was a large rat trap with a dead rodent in it. They did reduce my overnight stay but did not Comp the room. Lobby chairs were stained and then. Will never stay here again. Needles to say, I sat up all night and did not sleep.

Room tip: Don’t go here is my best tip
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 810marshas
Reviewed October 10, 2018

The Comfort Suites in Newport Kentucky is an adequate hotel with a great view of the Ohio River and Cincinnati skyline from the room windows on the river side. The rooms are not “suites” as the hotel name suggests, but they are comfortable in size and have newer furniture and plenty of electrical outlets. Half the parking is covered, which is nice if it rains. The staff is friendly and accommodating, but not necessarily proactive. The daily housekeeping service was randomly incomplete – one day the bed was not made, one day we had no soap, one day we had no toilet paper, one day we had no cups, etc. But when you call the front desk, they take care of it right away. There is a microwave and a refrigerator, but ours was overdue for defrosting. The breakfast is well stocked, but I think the scrambled eggs were powdered, and the sausage links were gristly (although the sausage patties were good). There are several river-front restaurants nearby. I recommend the Buck Head on Riverboat Row (order their fried green tomatoes!), Cancun Mexican Grill on Riverboat Row, Brothers Bar & Grill at Newport on the Levee, and Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse, across the river in Cincinnati (order their ribs!).

Room tip: Pay the extra fee for a river-view room.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2018

The hotel is decent. It's clean and in a great location, but the parking lot and the parking spaces are VERY SMALL. It's hard to park and about impossible to get in or out of the driver side getting in or out of your car.

Date of stay: July 2018