See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 4, 2015

I was travelling up to Lexington for a convention, and I needed a place for the night. This place is amazing!!! The staff was BEYOND friendly. Not your normal placating friendly, but genuine and filled with sincerity. I stayed in room 111, and the bed was soft, but firm, the linens crisp and clean, and the bathroom was immaculate! The internet was lightning fast, which was a pleasant surprise. This morning, I got up to check out, and there was fresh, hot coffee, orange juice, a donut selection, bagels... Everything fresh. The staff is also very accommodating. I asked if I could have an extra pillow, and they didn't hesitate. Also, just a small thing, but the front desk staff called me by name. When I came down for coffee, I wasn't ignored like I would expect. It was "How was your stay Ms. Williams?" I could NOT be HAPPIER!!!! I can't wait to stay here again. This really is a little bit like home.

Room Tip: There are three entrances. So have them select you a room close to a door if you don't want to lug your bags down a long hallway.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Ariana W
Reviewed April 9, 2015 via mobile

I had a great time at the Home Place Inn ! It was clean and comfortable and the staff were very kind and helpful.. I found the continental breakfast very good each morning and the maid service was efficient and clean. Management were attentive to all my needs as well as othe clients i spoke with. I highly recommend it, for the money you cant beat it.

Sam

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Lodgik4l
Reviewed January 19, 2015 via mobile

We stayed in a non smoking room, the room was very clean and we didn't have a problem at all. Although some parts of the motel could use a little updating, also the hallways could use better lighting. The woman at the front desk was very nice, as well as the housemaids in morning. They made me feel like I was at home away from home. Thank you so much Home Place Inn for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Craigonpear
Reviewed October 31, 2014

My non-smoking room is surrounded by smoking rooms. I was told it was in a separate non smoking area of the hotel but the rooms directly across the hall, are ALL SMOKING ROOMS AND THEY ARE PUFFING AWAY! I put my bedspread at the bottom of the door and opened my window all the way and my eyes are still burning and I'm sneezing. I was assured I would not have any smoke. Would not refund my money because they said It was within the 24 hour window, but I did not reserve the room until within the 24 Hours! It appears they have a whole floor of permanent low income monthly renters and they are running around in the halls slamming doors, yelling and smoking. I feel like I have moved into a housing project for the evening. I guess anyone could give free WI_FI if it doesn't work! This place SUCKS!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The staff was friendly but as for the motel it was smoker friendly, and I do smoke,but the hall and room smelled so bad we had to go get air freshener as soon as we got in the room. There was extended stay guests that were noisy. Finally the funniest thing I have ever seen, a sign on the bathroom mirror saying "Do not dye hair in tub due to staining." I have never seen that before and hope never to see it again. First and last time staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family