“The staff was very nice and friendly”
Review of Home Place Inn

Home Place Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Nicholasville
Reviewed 13 May 2016

The room could use more lighting and a lot of updating ...but in all it was a nice stayWe are handicapped and we were put upstairs,so we ended up changing to down stairs then it was so cramped we didnt have room to move and the lighting was so dim u could barely see..but ended up back up stairs in a bigger room and yall realy need carts to take suitcases and stuff to the room.

Room Tip: just know what you want
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 December 2015

I was travelling up to Lexington for a convention, and I needed a place for the night. This place is amazing!!! The staff was BEYOND friendly. Not your normal placating friendly, but genuine and filled with sincerity. I stayed in room 111, and the bed was soft, but firm, the linens crisp and clean, and the bathroom was immaculate! The internet was lightning fast, which was a pleasant surprise. This morning, I got up to check out, and there was fresh, hot coffee, orange juice, a donut selection, bagels... Everything fresh. The staff is also very accommodating. I asked if I could have an extra pillow, and they didn't hesitate. Also, just a small thing, but the front desk staff called me by name. When I came down for coffee, I wasn't ignored like I would expect. It was "How was your stay Ms. Williams?" I could NOT be HAPPIER!!!! I can't wait to stay here again. This really is a little bit like home.

Room Tip: There are three entrances. So have them select you a room close to a door if you don't want to l...
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Ariana W
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

I had a great time at the Home Place Inn ! It was clean and comfortable and the staff were very kind and helpful.. I found the continental breakfast very good each morning and the maid service was efficient and clean. Management were attentive to all my needs as well as othe clients i spoke with. I highly recommend it, for the money you cant beat it.

Sam

Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Lodgik4l
Reviewed 19 January 2015 via mobile

We stayed in a non smoking room, the room was very clean and we didn't have a problem at all. Although some parts of the motel could use a little updating, also the hallways could use better lighting. The woman at the front desk was very nice, as well as the housemaids in morning. They made me feel like I was at home away from home. Thank you so much Home Place Inn for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed 31 October 2014

My non-smoking room is surrounded by smoking rooms. I was told it was in a separate non smoking area of the hotel but the rooms directly across the hall, are ALL SMOKING ROOMS AND THEY ARE PUFFING AWAY! I put my bedspread at the bottom of the door and opened my window all the way and my eyes are still burning and I'm sneezing. I was assured I would not have any smoke. Would not refund my money because they said It was within the 24 hour window, but I did not reserve the room until within the 24 Hours! It appears they have a whole floor of permanent low income monthly renters and they are running around in the halls slamming doors, yelling and smoking. I feel like I have moved into a housing project for the evening. I guess anyone could give free WI_FI if it doesn't work! This place SUCKS!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff was friendly but as for the motel it was smoker friendly, and I do smoke,but the hall and room smelled so bad we had to go get air freshener as soon as we got in the room. There was extended stay guests that were noisy. Finally the funniest thing I have ever seen, a sign on the bathroom mirror saying "Do not dye hair in tub due to staining." I have never seen that before and hope never to see it again. First and last time staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DebbieB111758
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Smoke everywhere. Your clothes will stink. The worse was the all night noise. If you get the first floor you will hear walking, and multiple doors slamming shut all night long. Also at 2am I was woke up by the bed thumping against the floor. I would say it was clean though, that's the only plus. Unless you sleep REALLY hard you will not get any sleep. These walls are paper thin.

Room Tip: Don 't book online.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Danielle C
Sue R, Manager at Home Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

The staff and management apologize for the disturbance and the sleepless night. This was an unusual night due guest checking in at later hours. as for the smell of smoke we strive to keep the smoke smell down, but this motel has smoking rooms which we ozone daily.also you booked a smoking room in the smoking area. We hope you will reconsider staying here again and we would put you in the nonsmoking area upon availability. Thank you for your business. Please call if I can be of further assistance.

Sue Rogers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nicholasville
0.1 km away
11.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Lexington - Nicholasville Road
2.3 km away
The Corner House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Home Place Inn? Share your experiences!