“Roaches”
Review of Smokey Valley Truck Stop - CLOSED

Smokey Valley Truck Stop
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed November 12, 2014

Our family just moved to a neighboring county and after watching an episode about the place on tv, I really wanted to try the food. Well, we get there and order our food. Was still waiting about 30 minutes later when my daughter noticed at the end of our table, behind the salt and pepper shakers was a dead cockroach. We told the waitress and she apologized but whispered to us to eat somewhere else because the kitchen was infested with roaches. We took her advice and got out of there!

1  Thank Tina O

Reviewed October 14, 2014

This place lives up to its billing on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I visited in the middle of the afternoon for a late lunch, Service was quick and friendly. I had the Smokey Valley burger and onion rings, both of which were cooked perfectly and were flavorful. And then I topped the meal off with the best piece of coconut cream pie I've ever had. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. Yes, as other reviewers have noted, the place does allow smoking, so you may want to take that into account if you are sensitive to smoke. It did not cause a problem for me while I was there.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at the smokey valley at least month. The food is awesome, everything is usually delicious. However they close at 9 on Saturday nights which is too early. Came in around 8 pm and was served raw chicken. Yuck! But it has only happened once in the fifty times I've eaten there. The coconut pie is amazing and the cucumber salad is my favorite.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stopped here for something to eat and it was really good. There service was good and the staff was really friendly. Prices were not bad either. No fuel is sold here--

Reviewed June 29, 2014

The restaurant was apparently on Food Channel. It's basic, down home cooking at a decent price right on I-64. Service was very slow, but friendly. If you're hungry, it's a good place to stop. Smoking is permitted in the restaurant.

1  Thank George B