“Friendly local diner”
Review of Smokey Valley Truck Stop - CLOSED

Smokey Valley Truck Stop
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed April 1, 2015

Had the salmon patties.......Was a daily special....not so special.
Shrimp plate......standard fried shrimp.......shrimp being the key word.....not real big.

Reviewed January 22, 2015

First off, this is a truck stop without the gas pumps, so if you're looking for white tablecloths and fancy decor you'll be disappointed. They also allows smoking so sometimes it can be a little smokey.

Now on to the positives, which is the food. We first stopped for some homemade coconut pie which is a mile-high and great. The next trip I had strawberry shortcake (also very good) and then we tried the huge double-decker burgers. I had to eat most of it with a fork, but it was great. I've also had the turkey dinner special that was very good. I haven't made it for breakfast yet, but I'm sure it would not disappoint.

They are located off I-64 at exit 156 and are open 24 hours except they close at 9pm on Saturday and open again at 5am Sunday.

1  Thank John M
Reviewed November 12, 2014

Our family just moved to a neighboring county and after watching an episode about the place on tv, I really wanted to try the food. Well, we get there and order our food. Was still waiting about 30 minutes later when my daughter noticed at the end of our table, behind the salt and pepper shakers was a dead cockroach. We told the waitress and she apologized but whispered to us to eat somewhere else because the kitchen was infested with roaches. We took her advice and got out of there!

1  Thank Tina O
Reviewed October 14, 2014

This place lives up to its billing on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I visited in the middle of the afternoon for a late lunch, Service was quick and friendly. I had the Smokey Valley burger and onion rings, both of which were cooked perfectly and were flavorful. And then I topped the meal off with the best piece of coconut cream pie I've ever had. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. Yes, as other reviewers have noted, the place does allow smoking, so you may want to take that into account if you are sensitive to smoke. It did not cause a problem for me while I was there.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at the smokey valley at least month. The food is awesome, everything is usually delicious. However they close at 9 on Saturday nights which is too early. Came in around 8 pm and was served raw chicken. Yuck! But it has only happened once in the fifty times I've eaten there. The coconut pie is amazing and the cucumber salad is my favorite.