“Typical country diner food”
Review of Smokey Valley Truck Stop - CLOSED

Smokey Valley Truck Stop
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed June 5, 2015 via mobile

We watched DDD showing of this restaurant upon looking for restaurants in olive hill. People who are overly critical need to stop and look at what you are getting for your money. This was obviously not a gourmet restaurant and if you expect that you will be sadly mistaken AND honestly have no place in most restaurants in kentucky! This was good, cheap, truck stop food. Gravy was good although biscuits may have been frozen. Country ham was good. Hashbrowns appeared homemade and strawberry shortcake was quality!

Reviewed May 26, 2015 via mobile

We went here a the recommendation of a local firewood vendor. The place was featured on Good Channel's Diners, drive ins and dives. As a diner, it was ok. The Smokey Hollow Burger was huge and the sample I had was tasty. I had the BLT which was pretty standard. Needed more of all the ingredients to make it special.The service was kind of slow but it was busy on the holiday weekend. Our waitress made lots of service errors, forgetting parts of orders and serving us someone else's food order at one point. Apparently they are known for their huge desserts. They were slightly larger than usual and the apple pie and coconut creme pies that I tasted were good. This is NOT a smoke free establishment so be warned.

Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

We were there on Memorial Day. Group of 10. Food took forever. Smokey atmosphere. They mixed ups most of our meals. Pies were fine. Burgers are huge and tasty. Server was overworked and grumpy. Place was recommended by a local. Not sure if Somethig else nearby is better.

1  Thank PennsylvaniaOtter
Reviewed April 1, 2015

Had the salmon patties.......Was a daily special....not so special.
Shrimp plate......standard fried shrimp.......shrimp being the key word.....not real big.

Reviewed January 22, 2015

First off, this is a truck stop without the gas pumps, so if you're looking for white tablecloths and fancy decor you'll be disappointed. They also allows smoking so sometimes it can be a little smokey.

Now on to the positives, which is the food. We first stopped for some homemade coconut pie which is a mile-high and great. The next trip I had strawberry shortcake (also very good) and then we tried the huge double-decker burgers. I had to eat most of it with a fork, but it was great. I've also had the turkey dinner special that was very good. I haven't made it for breakfast yet, but I'm sure it would not disappoint.

They are located off I-64 at exit 156 and are open 24 hours except they close at 9pm on Saturday and open again at 5am Sunday.

1  Thank John M