“Our son's birthday”

Tokyo Hibachi
Ranked #83 of 218 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed August 3, 2017

Even though our son is turning 19, they came out and sang and used the gong! Then they brought him a sundae. Watching the man cook on the grill was entertaining as usual. The food was wonderful. The only down side was that my husband and I love the vegetables, and the serving size of the vegetables has been cut in half. :( Everything else was top notch!

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

We just had our family dinner Saturday for my daughters 12th birthday. What was bad is the first impression we received was with the arrogant owner or manager who we found to be rude . First of all they will not go ahead and seat you until your whole party is there. We had 12 people which in my opinion should be allowed to reserve a table but "their rule is 14",we had our name on the waiting list for around 7:15 thank goodness and had to wait for the rest of our family to get there around 7:20. Prior to that he told us if they were not there in the next 15-20 minutes that are table would be given to someone else . The BIGGEST complaint we had is we carried our daughters birthday cake in and he refused to let us bring it in . When we asked why he said "it's the rules ". Try explaining to your excited birthday girl that you can't enjoy your birthday cake with family here. Sorry but absolutely makes no sense and you can't provide a reason besides "your rules "Who cares if it's custom made cake .We didn't ask him to put it in his cooler . We would have just kept it with us until we got seated. Quite honestly if it hadn't been for my daughter wanting to eat there and our family already meeting us there we wanted to turn around and leave and spend our hundred dollar meal elsewhere .His attitude has no business being up front with patrons .I am a people person and he for sure has no people skills .On the plus side , Once our party got there we still had to wait an hour and half , but we did request Randall the chef who is excellent and Lauren to waitress our table. They were fantastic and the food and entertainment while he was cooking was good . We had filet and lobster and was cooked perfect . The ginger salad dressing was the only item I didn't care for. Once we all got seated everything was great overall and had a great time being with family but we will not be back

Reviewed November 21, 2016

Your "Asian" chef may be Kentucky and slightly rednecked ... but he can swing a knife and occasionaly make for some great smiles. Take a group because you don't really want to share your table with some "stuff shirts" that don't want to have fun while dinning. The more the marrier.

Reviewed November 16, 2016

Tokyo Hibachi is a fantastic place. The food is excellent, and the entertainment value of the chefs is always worth the visit. Very enjoyable seating - always sitting with different folks and this makes the experience more fun. Make sure to try both sauces and the fried rice! Even the veggies are good (and I am NOT a vegetable person!).

Reviewed September 16, 2016

At long last I got to check out Tokyo Hibachi! While service was a little on the slow side, the food was Excellent! I was pleasantly surprised, by how good the food was. The only under-seasoned dish I got was the soup. The chef started with shrimp, and it was grilled to perfection! I ordered the Filet, and it was cooked to near perfection! Veggies and fried rice, were very good as well. The only flaw in the experience was the long wait for the chef to come and start preparing food, but when he finally got there, he was very good and entertaining. I will be going back. I recommend the filet if you like steak, but the shrimp and pork dumplings were very good too. The under-season soup is my ONLY complaint, the rest of the food was excellent!