“Awesome Staff”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Jackson, Tennessee
“Awesome Staff”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Thanks for the great stay! Will definitely be back. Great location and beautiful property!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank cstanfillGSM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 24 January 2012

This is a beautiful new hotel and is easy to get to off the Interstate.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jean7883
Palm Beach Gardens
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We found this hotel to be clean, the staff friendly and the pool and hot tub area clean and working. I did feel a bit strange when our keys didn't work and when I took it down to the desk clerk she said she wasn't surprised that they didn't work since the room was originally assigned to a family who wanted adjoining rooms and had to change. I think the clerk should have checked the keys before giving them to us & more importantly should have checked the room after someone else was in it before we arrived. A bit sloppy on their end in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is a fairly typical Hampton Inn. The entire property was clean and well maintained. We had a studio suite which offers a lot of extra room. The room and bathroom were well equipped, neat and clean. The bed was very comfortable. There was a nice selection of TV channels and the wireless internet connection worked without problems and was fast.

Check-in was interesting. The person who checked me in must have been just going off shift as she was waiting at the side of the front desk with her hat and gloves on, like she was getting ready to leave. However, she did check me in quickly and the reservation was in order. Just a little strange.

The eating area in the lobby had a high ceiling, like some of the new Hamptons. It does indeed add to the appearance and makes the room seem more formal and inviting. This room also had several quilts hanging which really added to the ambiance. A nice feature was a sign for each quilt with the quilt's name and a short note from the quilter. I am not a quilter but my wife is and she enjoyed this.

The exercise room was small but in the two times I used it I was the only person there so it must have been large enough. There were four machines - bike, treadmill, stair climber and elliptical. No free weights or scale, which would have been nice, but I suppose the small room precluded that.

Breakfast was the normal Hampton fare with scrambled eggs and bacon plus the normal items (waffles, breads, fruit, etc). The area was clean and well stocked.

While there were no places to eat within walking distance, there were numerous restaurants only a couple of minutes drive away. For those going to the quilt museum, that is about a 10 minute drive in downtown Paducah.

One thing that did bother me was that there was a used carryout food bag and empty pizza box in our hall essentially during our entire visit (from about 5 pm one day until 8 am the next morning). It would seem that some time in that period some staff member would have a chance to pick this stuff up (or maybe the guests could have carried them to the trash can in the ice machine area). Trash in the hall really detracts from the atmosphere and makes the hotel seem cheap and dirty.

I think the price ($125 before taxes, $141 after) was a bit high. There are lots of hotels in this area. I will probably check out a couple of the others next time I need to stay in this area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We arrived at the Hampton for an overnight after a challenging trip from SC (3-hour delay to replace a blown-out tire). It was just what we needed- a large, peaceful room and a good night's sleep. I also appreciated the indoor pool- a better size than many I've encountered. There was a reception with 50-cent drinks winding up as we checked in, but I needed the swim more.

A few areas where they could improve: the room has only paper cups (I'm happy to give up plastic for environmental reasons), and they leak. They're made in the USA, too! Maybe they can work with their supplier to get better quality. My husband felt that the HDTV picture wasn't as sharp as it should have been. The breakfast selection (included in room rate) was very good except that the scrambled eggs were mushy- I suspect they used powdered eggs. Nasty- I didn't even finish them.

The hotel is in one of those areas that springs up around highway interchanges: very convenient to the highway and surrounded by most of the usual franchises so you have plenty of eating options. The nearest are Bob Evans and Outback.

We'd use this hotel again- I just wouldn't eat the eggs.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
St. Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I was a bit nervous about staying here because of a previous review about housekeeping. Our room was spotless and comfortable, the desk staff were really helpful and we appreciated the cookies. They have a "happy hour" with $.50 drinks that we couldn't take advantage of, but thought was a great idea. Got a great recommendation for dinner. The person on the floor above us seemed to have been jumping rope or practicing karate, and we could hear it, but it didn't go on very long!! I'm not sure any hotel could handle that without sound transfer,though.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank haricotsv2
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I had a nice stay overall at this Hampton Inn, my only complaint was that the rooms do not have very good sound barriers as I could hear the neighbors chatting and watching TV, which was really annoying when I was trying to get work done.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business