All reviews an extended stay fire pit stopped overnight front desk personnel rooms are large nice stay kitchenette sofa amenities
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I wanted to like this hotel. It is clean and the staff was pretty nice but oh. My. Word. It was so noisy. We stayed there for an event last weekend and it was so noisy from people sitting at the fire pit in front of the hotel (next to the parking lot. Strange). At 2:30 in the morning we called down to the front desk to ask them to please handle this. They must have done something because the very loud music was turned off but the people out there who were VERY loud continued well past 3:30am. Needless to say my husband, myself and all 3 of our kids did not sleep well as we had to be up at 8am for our event. Horrible. We could also hear CLEARLY what was happening in the next room. Every cough, conversation and faucet running. When asking for extra towels (5 people in the room, 4 towels given) we were told to stop at the front desk on our way back in the hotel and pick them up from them. O-k. As a gold elite member who has obviously stayed a lot of nights at hotels this is not what I expect. I would definitely re-consider it if anyone is thinking of staying here. Unless you don’t want to sleep during your stay at the hotel.

Room tip: Don’t stay there or at least get one on the opposite side from the fire pit and expressway. The
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Laura H
Matthew V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

Laura -

Thank you for staying with us, we want you to like us too! Unfortunately, we failed to keep a balance between the amenities we offer such as an outdoor patio with a fire pit and our guests needing to rest. It is our policy that this area be closed down at 11PM so that our guests can receive adequate rest before heading out the next morning, I am very sorry that we failed to follow through on this. In regards to the towel issue, this also is not something a guest should expect. Our staff should deliver all requests to your room as we are happy to do so, you are our guests!

Unfortunately, with this review I can't see your reservation detail but I would ask that you contact the hotel so I can review your time of stay and the staff you may have interacted with. We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay and leave well rested, I sincerely apologize this did not happen during your stay and do hope you'll give us another try if you'll be returning to our area.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

The room was very well appointed. It was quite spacious with a kitchenette,kitchen items, desk area, sofa and very nice bathroom. The room was extremely clean. The hotel is just a year old and it shows. They also have a very nice free breakfast with anything you would want.

I will stay here next time. I highly recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Donna S -

We appreciate you staying with us while in town on business!! Your feedback of our hotel during your stay is great and we're so pleased you enjoyed your clean room and all the amenities to go with it! We do hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This is a chain within the Marriott brand, so the location is good, the price is reasonable, it is clean, and the staff is quite nice and well-trained. I did have several disappointing experiences, perhaps because the hotel is new. First, the hot breakfast was a disappointment. At a Marriott, I am used to scrambled eggs, sausage, and baked goods (blueberry muffins, pound cake, etc.) The day we were there we got hard boiled eggs, turkey sausage, and bagels. Clearly this is not the end of the world. I ate what was there (except for the turkey sausage) and got along just fine. I must say that turkey should be bought in the deli or eaten at Thanksgiving. It should not be made into fake sausage. Pigs are God's gift to mankind and they make real sausage. The breakfast was not bad, it just did not meet my expectations as breakfast is my largest meal of the day, especially while traveling. The second issue I had was that I hit my head on the light hanging over the table 5 times. Perhaps it killed brain cells because I was clearly not smart enough to move the table under the light, but that would have reduced the space to get around it and take up the place to put the chair to watch TV.

In conclusion, I would prefer to stay in a Residence Inn or even a Fairfield Inn. But if this hotel was the only Marriott available, I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Matthew V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear Valued Guest -

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying with us! In our breakfast selection we try to offer a selection so there is something for everyone as some have certain diets or restrictions. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to see how we can improve on what we currently offer. Please come back and see if us if you're back in our area again!

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Nice stay in Richmond KY, at the Towneplace Suites by Marriott. Friendly greeting by staff, very clean room, with new or like new amenities. Plenty of restaurants in the area and a Starbucks with in walking distance. Great stop for business or pleasure, about 30 minutes from Lexington KY.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Matthew V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Dear Valued Guest -

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel while in the Richmond area! It is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and were able to relax in a clean room full of amenities! We do hope you'll come back and see us soon, thank you so much for the great feedback!

Reviewed July 24, 2018

If you've never stayed in a TownePlace suites, you should give them a try. The rooms are large with kitchenettes. Breakfast was very good...better than average for these kinds of hotels. The staff is attentive and friendly. A very good value.

Room tip: Even number rooms might be a bit quieter...they do not face the highway.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Matthew V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites by Marriott Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear Valued Guest -

We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your lodging needs! Our hotel does have a lot to offer the guest and it's not just your ordinary hotel, we appreciate you taking notice! Maybe next time you can remember to shop at our local grocery store and grill up some dinner or sit out on our patio and take in some fresh air around the fire pit! We do hope you'll come back and see us again, we promise as a staff to be just as friendly and make sure you have a great stay!!