“New Look at an Old Name”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Northville, Michigan
“New Look at an Old Name”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed here for one night on 5/3 on a return trip from Florida. We were delighted with what we found.Had stayed at Holiday Inns in the past but had given them up because they had gotten very tacky and needed updating. We thought Holiday Inn Express meant same old thing but quicker check in and out,and less not more immunities.This hotel was terrific !Check in process was quick and informative, the room was beautiful, 4 bed pillows each labeled soft or firm, the bathroom was beautiful, the shower was wonderful, shower curtain made so it didn't blow into you as you showered. The morning breakfast was by far the best we have ever encountered !! The hotel personnel in charge of this was really on top of things and needs to be commended. Everything was hot, fresh and tasty! Holiday Inn Express A GREAT NEW FIND. Ruffing/Shields

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Dear Helen R,

Thank you for noticing the results of our Refresh Campaign. This campaign is something that has been completed throughout all Holiday Inn Express properties throughout the country. Our entire staff takes pride in their work and we appreciate the time you have taken to give us this feedback. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you our way.

Sima Maggan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I've never been to Richmond before so I relied heavily on the tripadvisor reviews of the hotels in the area. Was in town only one night to see a concert at EKU. I decided on the Holiday Inn Express. What a great decision. Fantastic location, beautiful room (granite countertop in bathroom, large flat screen tv, tons of space), very friendly staff. Exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear ScootColumbus,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and the wonderful review. It is nice to know that you enjoyed our recent renovations. Maybe next time you will be able to stay longer and enjoy some of the great things our city has to offer.

Sima
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 12 April 2012

A nice, clean hotel. Staff was courteous; room(suite) was spacious. Enjoyed breakfast and evening popcorn for the kids. The beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on a corner, handicapped suite. Had asked for a rollaway bed to accommodate our family, wer...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Midwestmom51048,

Thank you for the kind review.

The popcorn is always a big hit with children and adults of all ages. There is nothing quite like the mouth watering aroma of freshly popped popcorn. Or at least that's what our guests tell us :) I hope your children got a chance to try out our new pancake machine. It is quite tasty.

I am also glad to hear that you found the beds comfortable. We recently purchased new mattresses and have been getting many wonderful comments about them. It was a difficult task to choose which mattresses to purchase but I am pleased to hear that we made a good choice.

Hope to see you and your family again.

Allendale, Michigan
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed last week for one night, on our way back from Florida. We booked a King Suite, thinking the kids could sleep on the pull-out couch. The couch had never even been used for that purpose! The plastic was still on the mattress!
Everything was clean, and we enjoyed the granite countertop in the bathroom, as well as the soap dish. Most hotels offer soap, but no dish, strangely enough. I guess it's the little things like this that make the hotel a great stay.
Had no noise problems and did not use the pool (our stuff was still wet from the night before). Bed and pillows on the king made for a good night's sleep. I did use the exercise room, and the equipment, while not top of the line, was certainly better than most condo units and hotels we stayed at on this trip. No squeaking of the treadmill or weight machines here.
Breakfast was the typical spread at the Holiday Inn Express chains. The kiddos liked the pancake machine, hubby liked the biscuits and gravy, and I enjoyed my cereal and bagel. Staff was highly visible at reception and at breakfast. This was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at, and would definitely come back when on another trip to the area or headed South.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GrandAdventurer1
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear GrandAdventurer1,

I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! We love to hear what amenities are important to our guests. The pancake machine is the newest addition to our Express Start Breakfast and seems to be a big hit with our guests of all ages! Maybe next time your children will be able to enjoy the indoor pool. We look forward to your return visit.
Dublin OH, USA
Reviewed 23 March 2012

When I checked in, late at night, I happened to glance at a note on the front desk stating that free copies of USA Today will be available at the desk. I made a comment to the front desk clerk, Tyler, saying that I would really miss having the newspaper left at my door, as I usually don't get up for breakfast, but like to read the newspaper in my room.

The next morning, I awoke to a newspaper under my door, with a nice note from Tyler. In my mind, that is extraordinary customer service. Little things like that can change a so-so stay into a great one.

The facility itself is extremely clean and nice. The bed in my room was so comfortable, that I asked what brand it was. The clerk at check-out called a manager and got me the manufacturer's name.

Lighting in the guest room and bathroom was excellent. There was an outlet on the lamp between the beds, which made charging my cell phone easier.

The location of this hotel is ideal - lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear SusanH824,

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your wonderful comments have been passed on to the staff. The additional outlets is precisely why we choose the lamps that we have in our rooms. I know that when I travel I appreciate not having to look for outlets to charge my phone.

We are lucky to have such a nice shopping and dining area so close to us and I know many of our other guests enjoy it as well.

We hope to see you again!

Houston, TX
Reviewed 20 February 2012

During my last trip to Richmond, I stayed in a budget hotel just down the highway from the Holiday Inn - to say I made a mistake back then would be an understatement.

When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by the front desk agent. Check in was quick and professional. Additionally, the agent was dressed very nicely in a Holiday Inn uniform. Very professional.

The hotel appears in new condition. The room was spacious and the accomodations were modern. There is an indoor pool and video games for kids. Internet is free. Additionally, the hotel is literally across the street from the mall which has many dining options (although mostly chains). I was there on a business trip.

I would recommned this hotel strongly to people from my company in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WKHouston
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear WKHouston,

Glad to hear that your business brought you back to Richmond, KY and that you chose to stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you liked our renovations! This is something that we have been doing in phases for the last year and are finally in the final phase. The staff and I are extremely proud of how wonderfully everything has come together and we can't wait for our guests to see the final product.
The mall across the street is a wonderful addition to our town, but you are correct that it has primarily chain restaurants. The next time you are in town please see us for some wonderful local, non-chain, dining options. I know when I travel I always enjoy exploring non-chain dining options.

Look forward to your next visit,
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed here enroute to Alabama in October 2011. The staff was friendly and helpful, the price was right, the room was neat and clean, and the location was an easy off and back on to I-75. Would definitely stay here again. The hotel was quiet, the bed was comfy, and the wireless internet was pretty fast. I didn't use the restaurant (if there was one - I was so tired that all I wanted was to hit the sack !), so I didn't rate it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank RebeccaS14176
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Richmond, KY. We know that guests have numerous options when it comes to lodging and we appreciate your decision to stay with us. I know that traveling can be stressful and I am glad that we were able to provide you a quiet and comfy stay to help along your trip to Alabama. Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy our Express Start Breakfast before starting the next leg of your journey. We look forward to seeing you in the future should your travel plans bring you our way.