“Worth every penny, even during basketball tournament season”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I've read some recent reviews, disappointing certainly some of them -- our 2nd floor room was well-appointed, completely clean, no problems whatsoever. A couple of times I did smell smoke strangely near the elevator on the first floor ?? as it is a non-smoking building. Kudos to my desk clerk who helped with some internet connection and our slightly wonky phone in our room. He came up to the room, fixed everything pronto and did so with a smile. We had just paid $30 less the prior night on the road in another hotel, and it didn't compare to this one. Our room here was spacious, the couch/desk area was relaxing and we had room to breathe.
And this was all during a busy high school Sweet 16 basketball time.
So, we were pleased, it was a value we didn't regret at all, and our experiences with Choice Hotels continues to be a good one.

Room Tip: 2nd floor laundry facilities for guests
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

A very nice, clean motel. All rooms are non smoking but we smelled smoke strongly in our hallway. The breakfast was abysmal. Coffee from a machine, rubber eggs, and watery juice. I would recommend the place for sleeping but eat breakfast elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2016

The price was OK *I got $88 for the first night, $97 for the next. I only stayed here because I couldn't get a room at the Hampton. After one night here, I moved. I didn't care that my room was nonrefundable. The place is just kind of a dump. My room was clean enough, but the closet door was broken, the hallways were dirty and grungy, the elevator barely worked, the lobby floor was sticky and the whole property just looks run-down and sad. Another weird thing was that when I got in my room for the first time, the television was on. I don't know if that's standard, but it kind of creeped me out. I kept wondering if someone was already staying here and was coming back shortly.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Stayed here after stopping at two other hotels that were full. Lobby looked good & the room was spacious, but as the saying goes, "the devil's in the details," especially housekeeping. Two of the three washcloths had black stains, there was a disgusting brown goo on the side of the toilet bowl, the cover on the tissue cover was pitted & rusty, and the finish on the bathroom door was worn off. The response of the front desk clerk to my complaint & pictures of these issues was only, "Sorry, I'll tell housekeeping." When paying over $150 for a room I expect better. I feel that an offer to talk to the manager and a discount of our rate should have been the minimum response.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Came here on recommendation of Holiday Express which had no vacancy. Toilet seat had CLEARLY not been cleaned - so disgusting. If it wasn't late & I wasn't so exhausted I would have complained but as it was I just cleaned it up myself. Then as I was reading in bed listening to loud road noise I noticed what we're obviously fresh ink stains (hadn't been washed) on the sheets from previous guest(s)?? If you like things clean & sanitary stay away!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful and convenient. This Comfort Inn and Suites is very clean and updated. The rooms are large and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and fresh feeling. The parking lot is a little tight and small. No large trucks. Several restaurants in the area along with shopping for everyone. Right off the interstate makes this hotel very convenient for traveling. The staff was helpful and quick to get you checked in and out. I will be staying here on my next trip in the area.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff I needed directions after passing hotel Was given excellent land marks and explanation because it could not be seen from the road They changed rooms for me immediately for me because there was a slight cigarette odor in the first one

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business