All reviewspartial wallgreek yogurtsmall indoor poolroom was cleansteak n shakewould definitely stay here againrestaurants in the areahard boiled eggslocation is greatgreat pricethe breakfast areafirst floorsethinterstatetnuniversitydogs
Reviewed June 2, 2017

We were in Richmond for an all-star cheerleading competition weekend at EKU alumni coliseum. Positives: Convenient to our venue and dining - right off the interstate. Room was ready early. Front Desk was friendly. It was clean, quiet and spacious given there were four people in the room. Beds were comfortable and the little sitting room allowed our girls to have space to primp for dressing, hair, and makeup. Negatives: Toilet seat was loose, bathroom on the small side. Breakfast area was small and crowded - but we expected that since it was a sold out weekend due to the event we were attending. There should have been better attendant service in the breakfast area. The eggs were premade in "circles" - rubbery and horrible tasting. The self-serve belgian waffle station was nice. Orange juice dispenser needed attending - almost empty, and tables needed to be wiped off. Overall, given the type hotel Comfort Suites is and being in an area near a college university, it was a good experience. I'd stay here if we needed to go back to Richmond again - just fix the toilets, get rid of the rubbery eggs, and keep the breakfast area clean and I would have given a higher rating..

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

Reading some of reviews I was a bit nervous to stay here. We had no such troubles. Clean/large room with a comfortable bed, refrigerator and microwave. No complaints. Just a very nice basic hotel close to I75. Breakfast was the usual fare as most hotels have these days, waffles, pastries, juice with eggs and a meat item. There is an indoor pool but we did not use. Plenty of parking and various restaurants nearby make it a nice stop for a night or two. For other needs there is a Meijer across the street. They do also allow pets if you happen to be traveling with one and need a place to stop.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dodgetraveler1
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

We stay at Choice hotels (comfort suites) when we travel. This one really needs help with updating and maintenance. First room they gave us smelled like pets even though he said it wasn't a designated pet room. Moved us to another room, not much better but could at least open the window.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2017

Friendly staff. Nice clean room. A little dated furniture.

POOL
swimming laps: pool is small.
pool walkers: okay but again small width.
stairs: first step is large
kids: they should have fun
water temp: warmer than bath water

SPA
jets not working
pool seemed warmer than spa

Steak N Shake, Golden Corral and IHOP near by.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

The stay at this hotel was one of the best that I've had. All of the staff were helpful and friendly and tried their best to make each every one of my 49 days comfortable.
The front desk staff Chelsey went above and beyond helping with me and my coworkers with food locations and local activities that anyone new to the area would love. Each and everyone of her Restaurant recommendations were great and she is a vital employee of that hotel. The housekeepers were extremely helpful and took time with cleaning my room. This location is great and in close proximity to EKU, restaurants, the bowling alley and movie theater. This hotel updated its rooms and would comfortable fit 2-3 people. The indoor/jacuzzi pool was a plus on days where it was too cold for outdoor activities. The breakfast is as expected for these hotels but even the morning breakfast tried to accommodate you in every way possible. I am more than pleased with my stay.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business