Open today: 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Truly an experience

My son and I never went on a kayak before. My son, who has anxiety problems, did very well. The... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
carriec734
via mobile
Kayak in a cave

Kayaking in a cave, how cool! I was a bit hesitant at first, due to not knowing what I got myself... read more

Reviewed August 11, 2021
Beachcomb_33
Eaton, Ohio
via mobile

All reviews easy kayak wear a jacket kayak adventure great adventure unique experience fish swimming hour tour our tour guide sweatshirt limestone gear shoes mines information history fun
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2020 via mobile

Upon a early arrival (7:15pm) my daughter went to check in for the 7:30pm trip. The young lady who checked in my family didn't seem interested as per customer service. At the time we went to leave out the rest of the staff was great. Our guides,who we think told us were Tom And Hanna(??) Were really great. Very knowledgeable of it all and made a fun kayak experience even though we had a nuisance couple in the group. We gathered close and turned out the lights ...maybe a bit longer than we should have. The tail end guide didn't stay in the rear when he should have..but his voice was good and strong. Such a amazing place to see and I loved the "nose" on the caves wall. Good place to go to for the money. Hope we'll be back.

Date of experience: August 2020
3  Thank NoBreakers
Reviewed August 12, 2020 via mobile

If you get cold easily, make sure to wear a jacket/sweatshirt as it is very cool in the cave. It was neat to stand out in 90° weather and feel the cold air creep out from underground. The water inside is very clear and you can see the fish swimming underneath as you kayak. Our guides were good, I can’t remember the one who told all the facts/jokes but the other’s name was Logan and I remember that because he kept getting told to slow down lol (he was pretty fast). If you are not experienced at kayaking, no worries..there is no current. I’m glad we decided to do this and will recommend to all our friends and family!

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank ckep08
Reviewed July 12, 2020 via mobile

Our tour guide Dennis was very knowledgeable of the mines history and shared some great stories. Be sure to dress appropriately for the cooler temps!

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed July 9, 2020 via mobile

This was such a neat kayaking adventure! We originally thought it was a cave, but it’s actually an old limestone mine. The history you learn as you tour is fascinating. I can’t remember our guides’ names, but they were great! You get to see the fish underwater as well as other neat things you might see in a cave. It lasts about an hour and be sure to wear a jacket or sweatshirt. It is around 50 degrees. I wore capris and tennis shoes. My feet still were cold. You don’t need to be a kayaking expert to participate. It isn’t strenuous at all because the water isn’t moving. Definitely do this excursion! Everyone who works there is so friendly and helpful!

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank Hbrumley70
Reviewed June 30, 2020

This was one of the coolest things to experience- a must do when in the Eastern part of Kentucky! Our guides- Christina and Jacob were a fountain of history and information along our tour- cracking jokes here and there to make this experience all the more fun. It was 54 degrees at 3:30 in the afternoon when we took our trip, highly suggest wearing layers! It was incredible experiencing pure darkness at one point in the tour when we all turned off our head lights and kayak lights to feel what it would be like. Seeing huge rainbow trout swimming underneath our kayaks was another highlight. Definitely not what any of my other kayaking experiences have been like- this is truly one of a kind!

Date of experience: June 2020