“Clean, Cute, Friendly and Festive”
Review of Sunset Motor Lodge

Sunset Motor Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stanford
Sunset Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stanford
Garden Grove, California
“Clean, Cute, Friendly and Festive”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Sunset Motor Lodge is a cute little place with good sized rooms. The bed in my room was king size and very comfortable. I could tell they are very down-home. Most hotels charge you for snacks, but they went out of their way to make me feel at home, right down to the moon pies and crackers they put in my room. What a treat! The weekend I was there, the owner was putting on a Halloween event for the community and the kids in the surrounding area. It's so good to see that people still give back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 10 November 2011

The Sunset Motorlodge was very clean, enjoyable and I really enjoyed talking to the owner, she is just adorable. Thanks for all the goodies in the room, I truly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cindy A
Ringgold, Ga
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We chose the Sunset Motor Lodge, because it was close to where we attended a wedding in Stanford, Ky. At one time the motel had a bad reputation and our niece advised us not to stay there. I checked their website (which is very nice) and it said the place had been totally renovated right down to the studs. I called to make a reservation and the lady assured me it was very clean.
Upon arriving my wife & I very pleasantly surprised. The room was spotless! There was a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, plus bottled water & a basket of snacks. Plus free WiFi internet. Who needs the big chain hotels anyway? I guess if there was one thing that we thought could use improving, it would be plush towels.
It was like taking a trip down memory lane, staying in the motels along the two lane highways of yesteryear.
The lady that owns the place is very friendly & helpful. If you are ever driving through Stanford Kentucky, and need a clean, reasonable place to stay, drop by the Sunset Motor Lodge.

Jim & Nancy
Ringgold, Ga

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stanford
11.5 km away
11.6 km away
Super 8 Danville
Super 8 Danville
#6 of 6 in Danville

Been to Sunset Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!