Review Highlights
Wildside's The Best

My wife and I have been members of Wild side Winery for several years. They have a great selection... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2018
TonyR437
Versailles, Kentucky
via mobile
Sleeper of a winery

Wonderful wines in a location you would probably least expect it. Wide variety of different wines... read more

Reviewed September 18, 2018
Pogoxaf
Acworth, Georgia

All reviews fruit wines paw paw great wine tasting bourbon country bought bottles wine maker bourbon trail wineries woodside pawpaw groupon
Reviewed March 19, 2017

Even though I had a little trouble finding it, This Place is Awesome ! They have a lot of good wines, but my favorite was a port made from the Norton Grapes ! Excellent .. If you haven't been there you need to Go !

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed February 16, 2017

My husband and I and 2 other couples stopped in over the weekend for a tasting. It was fairly busy in there as they were setting up for a Valentine's dinner event. Even though busy, our server was extremely nice and took her time explaining the flavors, answering any questions we have about the different wines and even recommending a flavor that we may like.

I like sweet wines and my husband and I both tried the same flavors. He ordered a full flight with 6 - 2 oz pours and I ordered the light flight with 6 - 1 ounce pours.

The wines we tried were delicious! The Black Walnut was really good and actually tastes like walnuts! I was very surprised that the walnut taste came through and how tasty it is.

The tasting room is quite small but friendly and inviting.

The 6 of us had a wonderful, relaxing time and will definitely be back!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 6, 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little "Mom/ Pops" type of winery. We stopped by after we checked into our inn prior to dinner. Don't expect anything too upscale or educational but it is great for a relaxed experience. This is more of a laid back tasting versus a formal tasting.

The prices are very good, there is a wide variety, and the wine is excellent. She has snacks available as well. We had a great time!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed January 7, 2017

I made a wrong turn and while trying to find my way I came across Wildside. I tasted six of their wines and settled on the Bourbon Barrel Cabernet. They make wines from fruit other than grapes. They were all great wines and the host was friendly.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

As we approached the Lexington area ahead of schedule we Googled things to do to kill some time. What a wonderful surprise we found at Wildside. The staff was very helpful, the price of a wine flight very reasonable, outside seating was delightful after 4 hours in the car. Best surprise of all was the wine. After an hour of enjoyment we purchased 3 bottles and got to our destination. Off the beaten path, but the scenery to get there and the experience is worth it!

Date of experience: October 2016