All reviews front porch b and b chocolate covered strawberries asbury university private bathroom an amazing cook enjoyed our stay wonderful stay gracious hosts bourbon trail horse farms stay there again suzanne accommodations distilleries graduation art
Reviewed November 4, 2017

We picked the 1898 Red Bud because the B and B's closer to Lexington Ky were full but it turned out ideal for our visit. The home is spotless with very nice furnishings, large guest rooms and comfortable large bed with period furniture. Breakfast both days was beautifully prepared. Suzann is a great hostess, not too effusive but very attentive. We drove to Lexington each day and the drive was rolling countryside and horse farms, only 20 minutes into town. We would stay here again for events or business in Lexington. Wilmore is quaint, quiet and safe, mainly the town is the Asbury Seminary and University. My wife and I felt rested and rejuvenated which is what vacations are supposed to do for you I think. Our private bathroom was just across the hall from our bedroom but Suzann provided large luxury white bathrobes for two in our wardrobe - stepping across the hall in the middle of the night was no problem with my robe over PJ's - felt like I was back at my grandmother's house. The front porch is large with comfy furniture to relax on.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenv-travels
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate it very much. I'm glad our location worked so well for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

My husband and I came for a short weekend getaway. We loved the house, the decor, the breakfast, and our wonderful host! Will keep this B&B in mind for our next Lexington area trip! This is a great place to stay if you love historical homes!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

I stayed in the coach house and it was such a great space. It was simply laid out with a comfortable bed and small dressing room and full bath. I had my own private entrance and plenty of room to park. There was even an option to have a second room with kitchen and extra full bed.

Suzann had tea and an evening snack (fresh pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing!) ready for me when I arrived. Her breakfast was truly a delight - fancy egg casserole, cracked pepper bacon and crepes with fresh homemade strawberry syrup.

What a lovely place to stay! I would highly recommend! I stayed here during an intensive class at the seminary and it worked out great. Only think to be aware of - the wifi doesn't reach the coach house well but I had lots of reading to do so I was glad of the lack of access!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for the lovely review. We appreciate you taking the time. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were so happy with the accommodations. Please keep us in mind for the next class.
The wifi it does not extend to the coach house but all guests have full access to the main house with the parlor, veranda, and breakfast room (with nightly baked treat) that does have free wifi :)

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Breakfast and afternoon treats sets this B&B above the norm. Suzann is a gracious host, rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished. The town is small and quiet but close to Lexington and surrounding areas.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is very much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

My husband I recently returned to the Red Bud Inn for a second visit while attending activities at Asbury. This is such an awesome place to stay! Suzann is such a gracious and kind hostess. The breakfast is delicious, fresh and homemade! Homemade snacks in the evening and clean and immaculate rooms and bathrooms. We will return to the Red Bud B & B!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HartleyIA, Owner at 1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is always a pleasure to have guests return for another visit. I'm glad you once again enjoyed your stay and look forward to you next time!