“Very nice”

Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very nice”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel reminded me a lot of a Courtyard. The room was very roomy. Separate sitting area from the bed area, which was very welcomen. Room and bath were clean...one of my pet peeves when they aren't. Staff was very polite. Nice to see the Front Desk dressed in a suit instead of the normal logoed polo shirt. The only negative I found was I had to ask for a receipt instead of being offered one. Will stay here again next time I have an overnight in BR.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Very nice property. Had to call for a desk chair which was missing when I wanted to work. Later, when I went to shower, I found only three bath towels and no face cloth or hand towel. Obtained these at the front desk from a very nice employee. We had two rooms. Mine was missing drapes, witnessed by two empty rods installed in ceiling. Still, very nice employees and clean.

• Stayed August 2011
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I was taken in by all the previous positive reviews on the hotel. My wife, sister-in-law, and 2 kids spend the weekend here for a golf tournament- big mistake. The room stunk and water was dirty. They moved us up one floor to another room. You pay extra for a hot breakfast. Why anyone would stay here rather than a HI Express, Hampton, or Embassy Suites is beyond me. Just be aware everything is not so rosy as these other reviews would indicate. Our weekend in Baton Rouge was spoiled by this average hotel.

4 Thank DawgMD
Alabama
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My daughter attends LSU and we have stayed at the Aspen Suites twice this summer, and I just reserved a room again. The hotel is very clean, well decorated, and modern. The desk staff are helpful and friendly. It is very nice to have separate sitting area with it's own TV, and then the bed area with it's own TV. The bathrooms are very nice, with a large tiled tub. Every time I have been to Baton Rouge, I look to see if I can find a better deal, but there's nothing that can match the price and quality.

The only thing that I would have any complaint about is the breakfast buffet. It is $8 and the food is okay, but I think they need more staff to restock the buffet and attend to the guests requests. There was only one woman there, and she was very nice, but she definitely had way too much to do.

1 Thank carbonpaper
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I booked hotel thru priceline after reading the reviews. I was pleased when I arrived. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful when we checked in. The young lady gave me directions to several stores I needed to go to. When I went to the room, I was very impressed. It was clean and roomy. I loved that it had 2 flat screen t.v's and free internet. The bed was so comfortable with plenty of pillows. I loved that it had a microwave and refrigerator. The pool and whirl pool and weight rooms were all very nice. When me and my son came in late that night, we had to use our key to get in and the front desk staff and security were in the lobby (great security). I felt safe in this hotel. I did wake up and get breakfast. There was plenty of food when I went. They never ran out of food. Food was well worth the $7.50. The location was convenient to the stores and the highway. I will definately stay here every time I visit Louisiana.

Room Tip: Book early and park on side where you can see your vehicle.
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The hotel is beautifully decorated in a modern style with relaxing natural colors and fabrics. The indoor pool and spa area are well-designed and a step above the standard pools for this hotel category. Also, the pool is open until midnight so I was able to sneak in for some relaxation after the hordes of kids and families left the area. The rooms are spacious and have a luxurious feel - top notch linens and beds, fancy bathroom fixtures, etc. Then why 4 rather than 5 stars? Two things: There was no closet in the room – fine for us b/c we were just staying one day, but some people might need a closet. And the breakfast had poor service. There is a very tasty, inexpensive breakfast buffet at the bar in the lobby, if you can actually catch any of the food. We waited about 15 minutes for them to refill the empty scrambled egg serving dish. There were so many people waiting for eggs by the time they came out, that they were gone immediately and things were back to where they started. They were out of a lot of other things (like cream) that other people were waiting for. They need to get a better system for that for sure – it’s tasty and inexpensive ($8) but if you want a quick breakfast on the way out, you will be waiting a while.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenBarnett
Norman, Okla.
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We (family of four) stopped for the night in Baton Rouge and started looking for a place to stay. We found this place and asked about a room with two queen beds. They only had double beds. When I asked about a king room with a sleeper sofa they offered it to us for just a little over $100. The room was a little tight on space but overall was excellent. Two HD tv's, great bathroom and very comfortable king bed. Breakfast was not free ($7.50) but looked excellent. We opted to save some money and eat cheaper when we left. When checking out I talked to the staff working the front desk and learned that this hotel is about to convert to a Double Tree hotel. We would stay here again. Very good value, very clean, very quiet and well appointed all around. We stayed on a Friday night and it was not crowded. They are a bit further off the main road, but near several other hotels. Take your time to find this one and hopefully when the Double Tree name goes on it the prices will stay low.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family