New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baton Rouge
La Quinta Inn
Ranked #46 of 72 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Very comfortable hotel. Staff is extremely friendly and efficient. Breakfast was good, except would have preferred scrabbled eggs over boiled. They were a bit hard to peel. But all tasted great and it was free. Rooms were very comfortable. Especially the beds. Best sleep I've had in a long time.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank 16dayleg

Fishers, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2007

We recently stayed at Baymont while in Baton Rouge for a wedding. It was conveniently located, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and the best thing was the continental breakfast in the morning where you could make your own waffles. Whoever says this was a bad place to stay is wrong. Everything was fine when we stayed there in May 06. We would return!

• Liked — it was cheap and I liked the make your own waffles!
  • Disliked — i didn't have any problems
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2006

Decent-sized room, OK beds. Bathroom had some kind of rusty-looking crud on one of the walls. Good shower. Good continental breakfast choices--make your own waffles, cereal, bagels, yogurt--and nice breakfast area. There was something wrong with our TV; it wouldn't shut off unless we pulled the plug. Another guest said hers kept changing channels on its own. My main complaint was the noise; we were facing the parking lot, which faced onto the interstate. (I wanted to move, but my husband said no; the joke was on him since I wear earplugs when I sleep.) We ran the fan to mask the highway noises, only it sounded like there was a squirrel turning a wheel inside it and the noise would grow increasingly louder, then subside, then start up again. Awful. Still, if we'd moved to another room, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank beertrav
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2005

We stayed here on the night of Aug. 2, 2005, for $67 a night, reserved online. Staff was very friendly, everything was perfect, room very clean, except the wireless internet did not work, as we were on the 3rd floor. Will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Augusta, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2005

My wife and I stayed for two nights at the Baymont in Baton Rouge. Our review would be a mixed one. On the positive side, the front desk people were very courteous and helpful. The overall design scheme fo the room was also good and the framed prints were attractive. We found the breakfast to be about what one would expect at this type of place and had no problems with anything not being fresh. Finally, the one repair we asked for (besides needing new batteries in the TV remote, which was handled well by the front desk clerk) was when a towel bar fell down in the bathroom. It was fixed when we returned later in the day, and I was impressed by that.

Downsides: There are some ways in which this hotel needs more attention. Our deadbolt did not work, and the chain also provided on the door was rusty. The plumbing all worked just fine and there was plenty of hot water, but the fixtures look very worn and scratched. Some of the doors in the hallways do not close properly and have loose handles. Missing a handle completely was the door to the very small fitness center (it has only three exercise machines--elliptical, bike and treadmill, all of which work well--no weights at all). There apparently had been a lock of some sort there, but it's been ripped out, with no panel in its place. So, there's a large hole in the door that one pulls to enter the room. I thought that looked unattractive. In a minor point, each exercise piece has a TV/headphone setup, but at least two-thirds of the channels do not come in well at all, or at all. (Some TV channels were very snowy and hard to watch on the TV in our room, too). And we may be Yankees, but I really thought the pool, which is full of water, should have been open on the 80+ degree February day in which we stayed there. (Apparently it does not open until April).

Some aspects of the location are inherent to where the building is, for better or worse. It is very close to I-10 in the far southeastern section of town. It is a short drive from the Siegen exit. The view, as a result, isn't spectacular; we faced the freeway, and the rooms on the other side would have faced the Holiday Inn right behind the building. The frontage road poses significant problems at rush hour; it can be difficult to get out to the main road. It took us three green lights to get out to it. There are, however, many places to eat nearby, as well as Target and other stores. A strip mall with a Wal-Mart is on the other side of the highway, and the Mall of Louisiana is a short drive.
A Microtel is also next door if you want to stay in this area. The price we paid was very low--under $100 for two nights--so I can't complain much about it--but the hotel really could use some maintenance and replacement parts.

• Stayed February 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Badgerjim
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2004

Booked through Hotwire at a rate of $38 a night. This hotel is on par with other hotels in its class. No frills, but I found the property fairly clean and very quiet. There was some mold in the shower and on the wall of my room near the air conditioning unit, but Baton Rouge is a low-elevation city in a swampy part of the country ... mold can be tough to contain (especially in a budget place). Continental breakfast was pretty good; not as good as the ones at Holiday Inn Express, LaQuinta and Marriott properties, but still very respectable.

You get what you pay for, and I came away satisfied.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2003

We stayed at this hotel when we had to take our National EMT board test. We reserved our rooms 1 month ahead of time. Two rooms, side by side. The rooms we recieved were on different floors, and needed a good cleaning. They were non-smoking rooms when smoking rooms were reserved.
The lady at the front desk did her job to the best of her ability in trying to keep us happy. She got our rooms moved to the same floor, at least. The bathrooms were terrible. Overall, I would not stay at this facitily again. Also, the breakfast was terrible. I opened a package of jelly and it was molded. A bad morning to top off a really bad night's sleep. Very uncomfortable lodging. Very dirty location.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member