Quality Inn & Suites
US$130
Residence Inn
US$96
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanbossier mallthe breakfast areapleasant staybreakfast staffwould stay here againupon checkrailroadpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I booked this room because of Tripadvisor 's rating. I walked into the room & noticed a 7in. tear in the carpet as I opened the door. The room was average size with a broken leather recliner. The bathroom was barely large enough to turn around. The amenities were basic and because I stayed a second night, they were not replaced with new ones. Coffee, shampoo, and cups were not replaced for the second night. Get my point ?! One small item I almost forgot to mention was that, if you are a train lover, this is the place for you. At 4:30 and again at 5:39 and 6:45 a train with full whistle blowing, passes about 30 feet from my room. As I left, the one thing that aggrevated me the most is that the carpet in the hallway has not been cleaned in awhile, which should have been a preview of bad things to come. This Unquality Hotel is definately off my list.

Room Tip: If you pay "cheap," you get cheap. I paid $92 for this room & could have stayed at a much better hotel for a little more. That won't happen again.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dee G
QualBossCity, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

I am so sorry that your experience at our property was a negative one. I can assure you that this is NOT the norm. We are, however, very grateful for your feedback and wish you would have chosen to deliver it prior to leaving the property. My apologies for the late response to your message, but I am just learning the functionality of this great tool. I can assure you that improvements have been and are being made to ensure that you never experience issues such as the torn carpet or bad recliner. As far as the train, based on availability, we can always place our lighter sleepers on the end of our property away from the train tracks to reduce the possibility of a disturbance.

Again, I am truly sorry that you had an unpleasant stay. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me directly before making hotel reservations so that I may see if I can assist and guarantee you a much more favorable stay.

Thanks,

Mario Harper

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Very clean and well kept hotel. Pretty good breakfast with many choices - not just carbs but eggs and choices. Needed to have a little more attention but sufficed. Front desk personnel was very cordial and informative. Only negative would be the train whistle from the railroad that runs by the hotel. Bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end would probably be quieter away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank txfrekles

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your kind words regarding our property! We are constantly seeking new ideas for our breakfast and happy hour items, so any feedback is always appreciated. I will be sure to pass along the awesome compliment to the front office staff. They really enjoy what they do and know the property and area very well. Finally, thanks for the tip about the South End of the property for our light sleepers. We hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future!

Mario Harper

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Our stay was near-perfect! The hotel is very nice-- immaculate room and lobby area. The check-in and check-out processes were very quick, and the staff was nice and friendly. Our room was very nice and well cared-for. Wireless internet was fast and easy to access.
The only complaint I have is that this hotel is near a railroad, and we heard the train come through a couple of times, but I suppose that can't be helped :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank m0947
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The staff, Tawayna, was friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. The room (smoking, king) was pretty nice. The bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean, However I would recommend bring your own pillow due to the hotel's are small. The bathroom was spotless clean. The carpet was a little outdated, could use an update and there were maybe two cosmetic flaws that could be addressed. There was one bad spot under the refrigerator. The air conditioner worked so well we kept it on low cool and i am extremely hot natured. Breakfast was as adequate as any other hotel. We were on the end of the hotel by the train tracks and the only time I really noticed it was when I was awake. Very glad we made the choice to stay here and will return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Crisal43
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We highly recommend this hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms were spacious and very clean. Continental breakfast was good, hot biscuits, waffles, gravy. We plan on always staying here when we visit family in Louisiana again. If there was a negative, it would be the train during the night but even that was not bad.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple