“GO ELSEWHERE”
Review of Pho Bowl

Pho Bowl
Ranked #155 of 245 Restaurants in Bossier City
Reviewed April 16, 2017

We came in with a group of 8. We saw they had the closes sign on but the open sign was turned on as well. We should've taken that as a sign to turn around. Our server (only server in the restaurant that only had 1 other table of 2 ppl) just had an attitude the whole time. After about 10 minutes we get our waters. My friends ordered two Thai ice coffee which we ended up canceling bc by the time we got done with our food it was still brewing! Not sure why they didn't make some and put it in the fridge. We put our order in and let her know we will be on separate checks. I ordered the pork eggrolls which were long, thin and barely had any filling. The eggrolls were soggy and bland. The sauce that came with it bad this weird thick consistency which was salty. Majority of the table ordered pho with beef or meatballs. The pho was a huge disappointment. It was literally tap water with noodles and whatever meat you choose and a beef bouillon cube. There was NO FLAVOR or garnishment (green onions, onions cilatranto). It did come with a plate of bean sprouts, basil, lime and jalapeño. I put everything in there and it still had no flavor. I even put hoisin and siracha, that still didn't help. My friend got the chicken wings lunch plate which came with a papaya salad. The chicken wings were salty and the papaya salad tasted like coleslaw! Now I'm Lao and that was the worst papaya salad I've ever tasted. You can tell it was old papaya. It's like they made a batch of papaya salad put it in the fridge and use it whenever it was needed. Honestly how hard it is to have good shredded papaya salad and then make it to order?! This place is a huge disappointment for Lao/Thai food.

4  Thank Diana P

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

If you want that type of food ,dont stop there ,stop at Pho L'amour on kings highway, the best place, tiny place ,nice prices, big portions and excellent food.

2  Thank tinatolitera
Reviewed August 22, 2016

I drove by this place for months before a Vietnamese friend recommended it as the best in town. I had the seafood Pho with rice noodles, the spring rolls with peanut sauce, and an avocado smoothie. Very good, and looking forward to trying other things on the menu during future visits.

1  Thank Westea
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

I was here on 06/11/16 with my sister for dinner.

When we were looking over the menu, I saw they had a mango salad and was going to order that, but the server said they were out of fresh mango, no big deal, it was the end of the night and I can understand that.

We ended up sharing an appetizer of two pork egg rolls. They came out very hot after about 8 minutes, and were served with a wonderful spicy/sweet chili pepper sauce. They were absolutely delicious. We were going to get the spring rolls, but the server recommended the egg rolls instead, and we were happy with that choice.

I had the Pho with Chicken and my sister had the Pho with Beef. They had run out of bean sprouts, but we said we were OK with that, again, it was the end of shift. The pho was hot and the toppings brought out definitely took it up in terms of flavor profile. I couldn't actually identify what the greens were, but they were very fresh, smelled wonderful, and I'm an adventurous type of person so I tried a bit of everything, including the peppers (highly recommend if you don't mind a bit of smokey heat.) My sister, however, is not, and she only added Sriracha to her bowl.

We did feel a little uncomfortable for the majority of the meal because there was a family across the dining room that seemed determined to have disagreement after disagreement, yelling, cursing, and crying. It was a mom and dad and what seemed to be their two college-aged children. The server did what he could to keep them quiet, and I really appreciated the way he handled them. He was very professional in the way he told him they would have to leave if the arguing continued, and I made sure to tip him pretty well for being so courteous.

Overall we had a very pleasant experience as far as the food and service went, and will definitely eat there again.

4-stars, less one star just because they were out of bean sprouts and mangos for mango salad, but I am interested in going back to try more.

Reviewed March 30, 2016

I ordered take out lunch. The persons who work here are very nice. The food was prepared when I ordered it. I had the yellow curry with shrimp, and I found that it was delicious and had the perfect amount of spices.