“70th Birthday ”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Boyce
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Had not been here since 1985 and when we arrived the parking lot was full. We were early so we went to the Oyster bar to have a few drinks. The DJ was off the hook. We enjoyed our appetizer and headed upstairs. Our meals were wonderful and no one had any issues. The wait staff, owner and customers who helped sing happy birthday to my mother were outstanding.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

A great location on a lake. I think they count on the location to make up for short falls. The food was good not great and the service was not so good. The young lady tried but fell short. We did sit outside and I got the feeling the walk from the kitchen was a long one. She also forgot to one of the three hamburgers that was ordered. Great location.

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Have eaten here many times when in Alexandria. It is always good! Good variety at salad bar. You can't beat the seafood and fish. I had boiled shrimp - very generous portion - with veggies. Others in our group had grilled or broiled fish and baked potatoes. They have senior portions that have plenty of food.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

We went early for drinks and oysters in the Oyster Bar. The raw oysters and cold beer were great. There was a rain shower and a perfect rainbow across the lake....perfect setting in the Oyster Bar on the water. We moved to the restaurant for dinner. Our server was great. She has been at Tunks for years. My wife had the stuffed shrimp and I had the sandy snapper. Her stuffed shrimp were great but my sandy snapper was out of this world. Add to this a nice salad bar and it was a great dinner. I encourage you to try the snapper dish.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Sunday family lunch. 8 of us. We had crab stuffed pork chops, fried oysters and clams, shrimp po' boys, blackened alligator, hush puppies, and fried bread. It's ALL GOOOOD

Date of visit: June 2017