“When in Rome”

Dining options: Reservations
Indy, IN
“When in Rome”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

While just happening to stop in Beaux Bridge, I learned that the area was the crawfish "capital" of the USA..... the hotel recommended the gumbo. Hot, flavorful, full of crawfish, with some of the best tasting rice to accompany the dish + a slice of buttered toast. Also ordered the potato salad. I was not didisappointed.

Visited December 2011

• Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
“Overpriced Jambalaya”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I ordered my meal, but also wanted to try their jambalaya. So I asked the waitress if they had a side dish of Jamb. She said yes, but it is $4.99. I thought holy crap, but assumed it would be a full size entree for this price. Boy was I wrong!! It came out in a bowl the size that you get your ice cream in at a buffet place. Not even 2 cups I don't think. For $4.99! So I asked the waitress about it and she acted like she got this complaint a lot. She was apologetic, but really didn't offer anything to try to compensate. Probably won't visit there again.

• Visited October 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They are just crazy”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Worse service ever. After sitting for 30 minutes without food and seeing people that came in after us eating, we asked waitress about our order. She immediately got defensive and said our order took time. I don't think I have ever seen a meaner waitress. Needless to say we left without our food.

1 Thank dbsink
“what happened to making your customers happy?”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We have never been to La so we decided to try a local place. I had never tried some of La traditional foods. I ordered a lg seafood platter with a variety of samples($ 22). My husband is less adventurous than I so he ordered a hamburger with "salad on the side". My order came out as expected but his was drowned in mayo on both sides. He tried scraping it off but he would have had to put the burger under the faucet to get it off. We waited for our waitress at the least 10 min. I was almost finished with my meal. We told her our complaint and she stated the menu plainly stated with mayo. The manager offered another burger but at this point my husband was done arguing. The ketchup on the table was soured and the place was not very clean. We asked the manager to refund his hamburger and she refused. We would not return here a second time.

“Holy crappy crawfish and food”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

On a recent trip we stopped on way home to Mississippi,Big mistake. The boiled crawfish very underseasoned even after sending back to resoak . The crawfish etufee over cat fish SUCKED.Large hunk of fish with some kinda sauce lord only knows with about 6-7 tiny crawfish.Poppies does better seafood and crawfish than they do. Please don't waist your time its a tourist trap. Go to any place in south Mississippi you will find better,even in a gas station . Sorry crazy bout crawfish ,call Chef Gordon Raised to help your kitchen nightmare.

1 Thank bigjonmississippi