“A Tour to Remember”

Cajun Country Swamp Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Trip advisor Hall of Fame member does eco-swamptours through picturesque cypress/tupelo swamp. See a variety of swamp wildlife such as alligators,egrets,herons,turtles,etc. Owner is native cajun with college degrees in Zoology and Botany.
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I recently planned a swamp tour for our church group. In the early stages of planning I had searched out several tours and emailed the tour guides asking questions. Butch was the only one that communicated well with me so I set the date and time for our tour with him. I kept him updated via email up until our tour date and he was always very helpful with my planning make our trip go smoothly. On the day of the tour we had 20 to go in our group. All 20 were very pleased and talked the rest of the day about what a great job Butch did with giving a tour. The tour lasted 2 hours. He has it down just perfect where you can see alot of wildlife, take time to listen to the birds and takes pictures. He got us really close to some alligators. Everyone loved it. If you are searching for a swamp tour to go on in the Breaux Bridge area book one with Cajun Country Swamp Tours you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

At an extremely reasonable $ 25 pp , this 2 hour tour of the outer greater New Orleans bayous is worth every penny and then some. Humourous , intelligent guides take through the rivers, swamps and bayous. Pointing out the local flora and fauna. Fun

1  Thank Dave_LToronto_Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Awesome value. Shawn led our tour and was exceptionally knowledgeable, friendly, on time (always important) for this two hour tour. We enjoyed the tour so much and would love to come back when all the water flowers are in bloom. I made reservations by email -very easy to do. A definite must if you’re going to be in the area.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This was an excellent two hour swamp tour with abundant wildlife, and is a great value at $20/person. Shawn is informative and funny. Highly recommended and worth the drive. Remember to use the specific GPS address listed on their website to find the lake-side meeting point.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

It's marketed as a "Swamp Tour" but is on Lake Martin. The tour guide gives a good history of how the lake came to be and detailed information about the resident wildlife with the alligator as the main draw. A very good (cash only) price for a two hour tour. We saw a lot of alligators and other wildlife. It was a good day trip while visiting New Orleans with the help of I-10 for the commute.