“Great Fried Catfish Lunch”

Pont Breaux's Cajun Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2016

We stopped here for lunch traveling through Louisiana, actually looking for Mulate's (which used to be in this location). We were not disappointed in the restaurant ownership change at all. We both ordered the fried catfish plate and a side of hushpuppies. All the food was so delicious! The general manager spent some time talking with us, and we really enjoyed the conversation. Other staff persons who stopped to say hello were very personable as well. Just wish we had been staying overnight in Breaux Bridge, because we would have gone back that evening for the live music. I'm definitely keeping this on my Breaux Bridge restaurant list!

Date of visit: October 2016
3  Thank KrisT55

Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went here based on references and Trip Advisor. The service was great. The entertainment was awesome and were not dancers but we danced!!!Food was ok by any standard but Gumbo was a large insult to call it Gumbo. I saw one lady send hers back and I should have . Campbells Gumbo in the can would be better and that might have been what it was. Thin as dishwater with some salad shrimp in it. We had Boudin Balls, good. Salad kind of wilty and week. Seafood platter nice portions, we shared. See pix

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank fathert2014
Reviewed September 28, 2016

Cajun band and dance floor - every night. Eat, drink, dance and/or listen to cajun bands. Happy hour til 7pm - when the band starts. Just sit back and enjoy yourself!

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Suzanne921
Reviewed September 13, 2016

This restaurant, formerly known as Mulatte's, is a fun and friendly place. The Cajun food and service are excellent, and they feature different local bands. Every other Wednesday, it is the site of the Bon Temp Roulez TV program. The band and dancers are televised.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank 214sharonr
Reviewed August 26, 2016

Saw this while we were taking supplies to a family that had lost everything in the recent flooding. We had to go to Zachary but we got hungry so thought we'd try this pl;ace. Then had a lot of good looking stuff on the menu, but I ended up getting the lunch buffet. The buffet had a small salad bar, gumbo, pork chops, roasted garlic potatoes, smothered pork roast, corm, green beans and cake for dessert. I found it all to be very good.

My wife had the fried shrimp dinner with french fries and dirty rice and she liked it a lot also.

The service was great.