“Cajun Jam!”
Review of Joie de Vivre

Joie de Vivre
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Description: Joie de Vivre is an eclectic cafe featuring local art, music and food. JDV provides a clean, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Features local musicians and weekend jam sessions. Specialty coffee and espresso meets great food and fun.
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We visited on the back of a local tip off about a cajun jam happening on a Saturday morning/early afternoon. Keen to experience some real cajun culture, we set off to see what we would find and we were very glad we did! Many local musicians had met up with their various instruments and were playing together in the centre of the cafe. The music was absolutely fantastic and it provided a real taste of culture in the region. The cafe itself offered a good selection of food and drinks. We only had a coffee and a coke but they were both served attentively. Would definitely recommend the cafe for one of the many musical events they put on throughout the week.

Reviewed July 24, 2017 via mobile

I went in with a few friends before our photo session to order breakfast. Walked up to the counter with my friends and waited to be acknowledged for 15 minutes. Two girls were behind the counter and carried on a conversation like we weren't there. After 15 minutes some lady said excuse me and walked in front of us and the ladies behind the register quickly said hey Ms. ____ and asked if they could help her. We walked out and brought our business elsewhere.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Went there for the first time to listen to the music and eat. Food was good and the music was great, Steve Adams' four piece "trio. "

The service was terrible. No, it was worst than that. I was sitting at the food bar and it took the owner to notice me and get the kid who was ignoring me to take my order. I orded a drink and he not only didn't have a clue as to what they served he informed me I had to go to bar and get it myself. I was never offered water. When the food arrived I informed him I need salt, pepper, and a setup. He returned with the salt and pepper. I said, "Setup? " He looked like a deer in the headlights. Agrevated, I said, "Knife and fork. " That worked. He never borthered to see if everything was Okay. It took forever to get my tab. I'll go back when Steve Adams plays..

1  Thank macquechoux
Reviewed June 18, 2017

I ended up here because the Zydeco Brunch at Buck and Johnny's was way too loud for me. Had the Grand Slam - great biscuit, sunny eggs and grits. And the bacon was awesome. Friendly service.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Great atmosphere and fun music. The service was slow but it fit with the atmosphere, very laid back. The Bloody Mary was just right and the egg, muffin, cheese and boudin sandwich was very tasty. A fun casual family place where children dance to the music. I would certainly go back.