“All in all, the best restaurant in Acadiana” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe' Des Amis

Cafe' Des Amis
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
“All in all, the best restaurant in Acadiana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I've eaten at the Cafe des Amis many times over the years and on a few occasions I've had the opportunity to enjoy the live Acadian music and dancing. It's got good food, great ambience (in a 19th-century building that's been beautifully restored), helpful and energetic staff, a good location with ample street parking nearby, and some of the best musicians in the area.

I've had two small complaints: Once or twice I've arrived 20 or 30 minutes before the advertised closing time for lunch, only to find that the staff has closed early because they did not have many customers. Cafe des Amis is not the only restaurant that engages in this practice, but in my opinion it's unprofessional and a breach of faith with customers. The second time this happened to me I complained (politely) to the person in charge, who clearly got it. He reopened the kitchen so that we could have our lunch.

My other quibble is that there isn't much variety for vegetarians. Again, this is not an uncommon problem in our area; and I've always managed to find something to eat, and it's always been delicious. On balance, Cafe des Amis is my favorite restaurant in Acadiana and one of my favorites in the world.

Houston, Texas
“Fabulous food and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I have been to Cafe Des Amis years ago and remembered the good food and pleasant atmosphere. I am very glad to say that after going again over the weekend, it has only gotten better with time. My boyfriend and I were driving through the area and decided to stop for a very late lunch. He had the turtle soup and a side of macaroni and cheese. The macaroni and cheese is cooked in an individual pot and golden brown on top. I had lump crab cakes with a vidalia onion sauce and a side of potato salad. Everything was delicious! I finished lunch with the lemon icebox pie; tart and tangy and topped with coconut flavored whipped cream. I couldn't stop thinking about the heavenly mac-n-cheese but we couldn't make it back before closing time on Sunday.

Check the website for their hours: www.cafedesamis.com

• Visited January 2012
louisiana
“Not overly impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

I find this to cafe to be over rated. The food is average compared to other Cajun style restaurants in SE Louisiana. I find it to be pricey and the portions to be small. Everyone seemed to be love it though. Hey, go for it!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Louisiana
“Funky surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Gourmet Cajun food with good service. Historic, old building decorated with wonderful art works. Live music on weekends.

Mesa, Arizona
“Amazing Zydeco Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

This was the most fun I have had EVER!!! The music was great, the food amazing, good service, etc... The best part was...at 8:30 on a Saturday morning this place looked like a nightclub on Saturday night! Mostly locals, these people love to dance, and party!

Visited January 2012