“Pretty Good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe' Des Amis

Cafe' Des Amis
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Savannah, Georgia
“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Cafe' Des Amis was pretty good, modern Cajun food, just don't get the dirty rice or corn.

Visited February 2012

Lafayette, Louisiana
“A GREAT SATURDAY MORNING IN CAJUN COUNTRY!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is FUN ya'll! It's gonna be LOUD so get ready to dance shoulder to shoulder with everyone there but the food is GREAT and the music even BETTER! SEE you THERE!

Visited April 2011
st simons island, ga
“Fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Only ate here for lunch. Turtle soup was ok but not something we'd try again. The corn bread appetizer with étouffée is incredible. I could have eaten two. Limited wine list. Breaux Bridge is fun for strolling.... Basically all antique shops.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Dancing !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Go Saturday mornings for the beignets and dancing starting at 8am ! What a hoot T

Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
“All in all, the best restaurant in Acadiana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I've eaten at the Cafe des Amis many times over the years and on a few occasions I've had the opportunity to enjoy the live Acadian music and dancing. It's got good food, great ambience (in a 19th-century building that's been beautifully restored), helpful and energetic staff, a good location with ample street parking nearby, and some of the best musicians in the area.

I've had two small complaints: Once or twice I've arrived 20 or 30 minutes before the advertised closing time for lunch, only to find that the staff has closed early because they did not have many customers. Cafe des Amis is not the only restaurant that engages in this practice, but in my opinion it's unprofessional and a breach of faith with customers. The second time this happened to me I complained (politely) to the person in charge, who clearly got it. He reopened the kitchen so that we could have our lunch.

My other quibble is that there isn't much variety for vegetarians. Again, this is not an uncommon problem in our area; and I've always managed to find something to eat, and it's always been delicious. On balance, Cafe des Amis is my favorite restaurant in Acadiana and one of my favorites in the world.