“Excellent Home Cooking Cajun Food”
Review of Cajun Works

Cajun Works
Ranked #21 of 66 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Reviewed June 15, 2017

Some of the best home cooking Cajun Food I had had in a long time at a restaurant. Everything was seasoned perfectly. Very good portions also. Very friendly staff and very good prices. They also have a drive through and are located very close to I-10 if you wanted to get something to go. Also sign up on their web sight and get a free sample when you visit.

Reviewed January 18, 2017

Great Cajun food, good alligator balls. A bit spicy but good, just have a big glass of water available.

Reviewed January 1, 2017

Heading from Lake Charles to Baton Rouge, I wanted to stop for a local seafood restaurant. I saw the billboard on the interstate and thought I would give it a try. I'm glad I did. I had the gumbo, a boudin ball and a venison ball. All were very good. The seasoning was perfect and I will definitely be stopping by while traveling through the area. The service was very welcoming and they explained the menu and ordering process. It looked like there were many locals in the restaurant as well which is always a good sign.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

Mud bugs on a Cat's back, Mud Bugs on a Shrimp's back, Cajun Pies, Boudin balls, and more. Spicy, yes, it's Cajun. If you want bland mild, go to the usual restaurant chains. After their food, you will know you had some spicy Cajun at this place- it is good.

Reviewed December 22, 2016

Had the etouffee, and found it too spicy. I live in the Heart of Cajun Land where we season the foods pretty darn spicy. But this was just too much, especially for lunch. Could not really taste the food itself, the pepper just overwhelmed it. I travel all of Acadiana weekly and have the chance to try the regional foods everywhere and must say this was too much. If you read other reviews many have said the same. You can always spice it up more if the customer likes with a little hot sauce. But you can never unspice it if to hot. I thought it was just me, but after reading reviews I find it was not just me. A Real Cajun from Ville Platte.

cajunworks, Owner at Cajun Works, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2016

Sorry if you think it is spicy the others that say the same were not from Cajun country. I cook it like many authentic Cajuns on the Atchafalaya river have for centuries CAMP STYLE if you do not care for the level of spice I am sorry but many others enjoy it including children and elderly from all over the world. Just because you think it is spicy for you no need saying it is not Authentic. The Cajun culture has many varieties and levels of spice and texture some thin some thick some mild some spicy this is called a variety of cultural mix none correct none wrong just the gumbo of all types of cultures wrapped into one. My concept and menu items are authentic to the Atchafalaya River and the Camp Style Cooking so Enjoy ALL!!!!
Thanks you for stopping in!!!