“Easter Monday Visit”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Southfleet
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Manor Farm Barn in Southfleet is a beautifully restored 18th century barn that serves a selection of delicious dishes as well as Shepherd Neame’s award winning ales and lagers and an extensive wine list.The stunning building features an attractive thatched roof, exposed oak timbers and a dramatic high-ceiling and won the CAMRA Pub Design Award in 2002. The pub has a large patio garden with seating for over 100 people and holds barbecues throughout the summer.Manor Farm Barn hosts a live band the first Friday of every month and special events throughout year including the Summer Charity Ball which raises money for the Ellenor Lions Hospice. For something a little quieter there’s a selection of classic board games
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Turns out easter weekend was a washout in more ways than one.

Perhaps the manager could actually be a manager and help tidy the place rather than delegate jobs to his clearly tired staff? Must be very tiring standing and texting your friends while the staff run around doing as much as they can and the best they can all day.

The pub was too messy to enjoy, perhaps its different during the term times?

Not particularly friendly staff either. But can not really blame them.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place to enjoy a Sunday lunch - we were all so pleased that they had lamb on the options for the roast! Would recommend booking as it gets very busy!
Could not fault the service - staff were very friendly and there was no waiting times, food was extremely good! Only slight issue we had was the vegetables were not overly warm. Would highly recommend!!

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited Manor Farm Barn on Easter Sunday, to tie in with Broadditch farm Easter trail fun and had a wonderful lunch. Superb roasts, varied children’s menu and fabulous attentive service from both Ellie and Brandon. Really impressed and will certainly return, thank you for making our Easter Day out all the more special.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Excellent food thanks to Michael and Darryl. Bar and restaurant was tired looking and needed tidying

Reviewed April 2, 2018

A rainy Easter weekend, so a short drive for lunch seemed a good idea. The Barn was busy and we were fortunate to find a table for two in a fairly quiet location. We were served by Ellie who looked after us very well. This weekend there were Easter Egg Hunts pretty much everywhere and the bar was full of Mums & Dads decked out in Wellington boots and waterproof gear with loads of children wearing similar kit. Everyone had small backpacks, I guess to take home the Easter Eggs they were hoping to find. Not sure I'd have spent too much time in the pouring rain looking though, but everyone seemed to be in high spirits and enjoying themselves.
We had squid for starters which was quite nice but a bit too small to really appreciate the taste of the squid, but the accompanying sauce really enhanced the flavour. For our main course my wife and I had both chosen pan fried Skate (sometimes known as Ray). This was excellent, I'd had this on a previous visit and really enjoyed it, so on this occasion my wife decided to join me.
Ellie had recommended the local Anno Gin served with Fever Tree tonic (my favourite) this was great... I have decided to add a bottle of Anno Gin to my home supply. All in all, a nice lazy, comfortable lunch, good food, good service and nice to see everyone else enjoying themselves too. Back home for a quiet snooze in my favourite armchair. .