All reviews would stay here again one night ocean view caribbean breakfast nice hotel location is great an upgrade saint vincent ms nikon error island barbados converter renovation conference
Reviewed July 28, 2018

The hotel is clean, staff is friendly and very helpful. WiFi is available but sometimes drops in and out depending on where you are. The hotel,is right on the beach and close to Young Island (a 5 min boat ride).
Food is all inclusive and offers a mix of international and Caribbean/island food with local fruit, pancakes, French toast, saltfish etc.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are best
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lola S, Public Relations Manager at Sunset Shores Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sunset Shores. Our staff strive to deliver Island Hospitality at its Best. We are happy that you chose a meal plan during your stay and pleased that you enjoyed the variety of food that we serve at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can dine upstairs in the covered, open air dining room or poolside/seaside near the beach bar. Guests can see Young Island a few other Grenadine Islands while enjoying the breeze and sound of the sea from the coral deck. There is nothing better than sitting back with a refreshing drink and watch spectacular sunsets.
When you return to St. Vincent, we look forward to serving you again.
Warmest regards and safe travels.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business in June, the property is old but clean, I didn’t spend much time in my room. The WiFi and cable works fine. The room rate was decent also. You pay for everything here so we opted to eat at the Beachcomber where our conference was held and the food was good. The people were awesome and that made me not focus on my room. Please take converters for your chargers, this place uses English power standard. The island is a beautiful place tho.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Lola S, Public Relations Manager at Sunset Shores Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. Sunset Shores is located directly on Villa Beach with pool courtyard and beach bar which have been upgraded with high-end sun loungers and dining furniture. Our dining room and lounge have also recently been enhanced with new furniture for our guests' enjoyment. All rooms have new luxurious Euro-top mattresses and linens, 40" flat screen TVs, coffee/tea facilities, mini-fridge, A/C and complimentary Wi-Fi. Transformers will be available in each room and converters are available for purchase from our small boutique located by reception.

We are just completing renovations to most of our east wing. All rooms will be redecorated with new tiles and furnishings so you may have stayed in one of the rooms in the west wing which has not yet been renovated. We are progressing slowly with the renovations in an attempt to limit any inconvenience to our guests.

Our main dining room is open from 7 am to 10 pm serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks are available throughout the day. Our poolside grille and beach bar will also be open daily from 11 am. From the beach bar and coral deck, guests can enjoy breathtaking views of sunsets as each day comes to an end - many will take advantage of our happy hour which takes place daily from 6 to 7 pm.
We recognize that many guests like an all-inclusive option so this will be introduced in the near future. We have found that it is not always desired by the business traveler since meetings or conferences may require you to be away from the property for a good portion of the day. Sunset Shores also offers conference facilities and is an ideal spot for special events, parties and weddings.

St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a very beautiful island. If you return to St. Vincent, we hope you will choose to stay with us again with a little more time to enjoy all that Sunset Shores has to offer - Island Hospitality at its Very Best.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

I must say, I can’t wait till my next stay. Each time I visit there is another upgrade to the property/hotel. The new TV’s with HD was amazing to watch the World Cup matches while taking a break from the sun in the cool A/C. This is quickly becoming my go to stay in svg, Great staff, food and service and a view of the sea to die for, enough said, mic drop.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2018

The hotel is not for those seeking a luxurious experience but the price is terrific and the location right on Villa beach just across from Young Island is amazing. The staff was very accomodating when my booking made through booking.com promised a room that was not offered at the hotel. They found a great compromise for me and I was able to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean and wake to an ocean view. Rooms are well kept and clean and the renovations currently being done were not intrusive and will continue to improve the hotel. The staff is one of the best things about the hotel; everyone was welcoming, friendly, helpful and always smiling.

My one complaint is the pressure-washing that was done on the Sunday morning that I was there because of a wedding that was being held that day. The noise from the equipment was very jarring on a morning that I wanted to lie in since I was working during the week. When I went to relax outside on a lounge chair along with other guests, the guy kept pressure washing and the dirty water started hitting my legs. He did not even warn me that he was approaching my area and made no effort to avoid wetting me; I went back to my room in disgust. I appreciate that a wedding would bring significant revenue for the hotel but the timing of clean-up actvities should not hamper the enjoyment of other paying guests.

Meals are not included in the room price and the restaurant prices were a bit high but there are many great, more reasonably priced restaurants located a short walk along the beach so I was able to dine at a different restaurant each night. The BBQ night on Saturday at the hotel though was more than worth the price and tasted terrific. Overall a lovely hotel that combines a good room price with great service; I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Lola S, Public Relations Manager at Sunset Shores Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sunset Shores and for taking the time to share your feedback. We will let our staff know that their efforts to deliver Island Hospitality at its Best are making a very positive impact on guests' experiences with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for pressure washing while you were enjoying the beautiful view from our lounge chairs which overlook the beach upon our coral deck. That is not an appropriate way to treat our guests. There are better times of the day and / or week for our grounds keepers to maintain the deck. We will address this with management.

Our restaurant is open from 7 am until 10 pm serving breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. Meal portions are generous. Fishermen deliver their daily catch directly from their boats on the beach to our kitchen. Locally grown veggies and fruits are always available. Guests can enjoy their meals in the open air upper dining room, or, at the pool courtyard, near the beach bar overlooking the sea. Room service is an option available for those who wish to dine in their rooms. We are working on all-inclusive packages for guests who prefer that approach. Meal plans are currently available and can be booked at check-in. Our Saturday night BBQ buffet is a long standing tradition - we are glad you were satisfied by the meal and the price. Prices on our menu are in $EC and already include local VAT that must be charged. A 10% service charge is added before the bill is presented. It is not necessary to add an extra tip. For guests who would like to check out other restaurants, quite few are accessible by taking a short stroll along the beach.

Our renovations are progressing well. All rooms have new 40 " flat screen TVs with upgraded cable service, new mattresses and luxurious bedding. Rooms and bathrooms are being completely retiled and redecorated. The construction work is currently isolated to our east wing. Noise will be suspended during our busy carnival period when Vincy Mas is in full swing in July. When the east wing is complete, garden view rooms above the conference room will be next on the list. The west wing will be tackled last with the intention of being completed before the winter season begins.

When you return, we are are certain that you will enjoy all the improvements we are making. Until then, warmest regards and safe travels.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

This is the most wonderful place I’ve ever stayed! I’ve traveled to many of the islands in the Caribbean and stayed in some very elegant resorts, but have never been anywhere that every person you meet is smiling, happy and truly seem to want to help in any way. They were continuing their renovations to make this hotel even better, but this was not an inconvenience for the guests. I had an ocean front room with a splendid view of Young Island and the Caribbean Sea. The new beds are the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in. The food is excellent and their mangoes (the sweetest I’ve ever had) come from their own tree! Sandra and all the staff made this one of my best trips ever. Already planning the next visit!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Lola S, Public Relations Manager at Sunset Shores Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. All the staff at Sunset Shores Beach Hotel work very hard to deliver "Island Hospitality at Its Best". We are located directly on Villa Beach which provides wonderful views of some of the Grenadine Islands to the south and spectacular sunsets as each day comes to an end. Guests can enjoy the beautiful vista and the relaxing sounds of waves of the warm Caribbean Sea from our coral deck, beach bar and pool courtyard. We have recently upgraded the courtyard with new sun loungers and dining furniture. Our tropical gardens include many fruit trees which have been on the property for decades - our large mango tree which provides ample shade in the pool courtyard is at least 100 years old. We use the fresh fruit at breakfast, in tempting desserts, fresh fruit punch, and delectable cocktails.

While renovations are ongoing, we try to isolate the construction away from where guests will be staying, and we try to ensure that any noise starts and stops at a reasonable hour. When our renovations have been completed, our goal is to achieve a four star standard with five star service. We recognize that new furnishings and beds (which are very comfortable - thank you for mentioning them) aren't enough to achieve that goal. The secret ingredient is a team that is committed to going out of their way to make our guests comfortable and feel like Sunset Shores is "home away from home".

We will share your review with our staff and look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Until then, warmest regards and safe travels.