All reviews screened in porch cajun culture next morning wildlife gardens alligators cabin bayou hosts troy property ms
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Those who feel the garden experience was wonderful would have been ecstatic if they had been there before. Hurricanes have taken their toll on what once was a truly unique experience. Sleeping over the swamp, which then contained 'gators, was an awesome, and for northerners, 'interesting' experience and the other animals and trails were more than worth the price. While still a unique experience it's glory days are sadly past.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ossenfogva
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was on vacation with my 2 sons and wanted the swamp experience. I had read reviews on cabin # 4 so that was the one we chose. It was awesome and so far off the beaten path. We took Mrs. Betty's advice and went to the Jolly Inn in Houma for dinner and dancing. My youngest son had the best time there but we didnt' leave until late. We arrived back at the cabin around 11 pm. Luckily we all brought flashlights and we walked really fast to get inside the cabin. My youngest son was in tears when he climbed in bed. He was scared. I was a little uneasy but we were in the cabin and safe. I told him it would be daylight when we woke up and all would be fine. And it was. As we were leaving the next day we did see a snake crawling around close to the pathway though. Just glad we didnt see him the day before. All in all it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Cabin #4 is more off the beaten path but be prepared with your big flashlight if you are out past dark.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my all time favorite hotel that I have ever stayed at in my life. I loved walking around the swamp and getting to hold the baby alligators. We also loved seeing the big alligators Troy and Hellen. I loved talking to Betty. She had so many good stories to tell to me. I liked going on the nature trail and seeing and petting all the animals. WIldlife gardens bed and breakfast is the all time best hotel in the world.

Room Tip: Cabin 4 has the most privacy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Miss Betty was born to become the delightful hostess that she is. Things are basic but she is so genuine and the place is a piece of her heaven, so you feel grateful for the experience. She promotes her region by sending you to her neighbors who work just as hard to share their part of this country with the traveler. Learn about which part of the alligator is the best eating, the invasive Nutria, turtles endangered and turtles for soup. Try to take 2 swamp tours on your stay as each is a bit different And, Sweet Dreams!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After being a bit nervous in the beginning coming all the way from Norway and ot being used to the creatures of the swamp, the stay turned out to be just great. Cabin was located in the middle of the swamp and although not too far from civilization, you got the feeling of staying in the middle of nowwhere, especially after dark.

The morning after we got a great breakfast,as well as a lovely guided tour on the premises, where we among other things got to hold baby alligators. Betty and her husband are lovely and although they're running the B&B more on a hobby-basis now, they still do it with great pride and care.

Only minor things if I need to find some improvement areas is that the cleaning inside the cabin could be a little bit better (a few spider webs among other things) and that some kind of generator is making a constant noise nearby somewhere (not on the property I think) which interrupts some of the swamp feeling at night/in the mornings.

Would recommend this to everyone though! :) Be sure to get driving directions though, as our (Garmin) GPS never found the place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple