All reviews screened in porch cajun culture next morning wildlife gardens alligators cabin bayou hosts troy property ms
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The best host, Betty and Vernon make you feel so welcome (along with the peacocks!) we felt like we were at a good friend's home. They are knowledgeable about the local and cajun area, can direct you to fantastic places, tell never forget stories & are a source of some fantastic history. We followed her email directions along with our TomTom & we got there no problem. The water in the entire area is not to my taste so I brought bottled. Enjoyed taking pics & look forward to visiting again. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this is not for you, a little rustic but nice & clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My family of 5 spend thousands of dollars running around New Orleans and the gulf coast, but a year later, Wildlife Gardens is all that they talk about. I should have saved the money and just stayed here for a week. We loved everything about this place. As others have stated, the owners are amazing, the food was great, and the atmosphere was unique.

Well done!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2013

It was raining hard when we were there, but that's just the way it goes. I'm going to just agree with everyone else that it's a great experience, but I'm going to also say they may have a little problem. It's their tap water in their cabins. The smell should have warned me, but I made the mistake of splashing some in my eyes in the morning. Several days later my eyes became swollen, red and secreting white stuff. The doctor told me I had bacterial pink eye and prescribed some drops. There's really no way for me to be certain I picked it up at Wildlife Gardens but it's the most logical explanation I can come up with. I still recommend people visit but bring a case or 2 of bottled water. Don't use the tap water for any reason.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jocko B
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place is so awesome. You won't regret it if you go. Betty is such a sweet lady and she tells great stories. The best part was the baby gators, the big gators, the peacocks, the turtles, the swamp, well actually everything was the best part. Lol. If you love to take pictures like me, you will be thrilled . Great photo opportunities.

Room Tip: Cabins 3 and 4 are the most secluded.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Those who feel the garden experience was wonderful would have been ecstatic if they had been there before. Hurricanes have taken their toll on what once was a truly unique experience. Sleeping over the swamp, which then contained 'gators, was an awesome, and for northerners, 'interesting' experience and the other animals and trails were more than worth the price. While still a unique experience it's glory days are sadly past.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends