“Must visit when we are home”

China Doll Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in Harvey
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

Ok this food is very good, the mix meat fried rice is over the top in size in and full of meats. The taste is awesome.
I miss the taste of the ribs, can't get them here in Atlanta.
We order enough to take back to Atlanta. Yes we like this place.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

The MIL and I quite enjoy Chinese food and are always seeking out new experiences. I took her out for a ladies night out. When we first pulled up and walked in, we were both a little nervous about seating and things, it being our first venture to China Doll. There was a line out the door. The incredibly accommodating hostess came right to us. She told us those standing in 'line' were there to pick up to-go orders and she whisked us back past the bar into a whole seating area you would not realize was there by looking at the front of the restaurant. The waiter was amazing with knowing substitutions and making certain we each got exactly what we ordered, quickly.
Huge portions. You will not go home hungry. Chances are, you will go home with left overs. We did.
And the prices were incredibly reasonable. Even my adult beverage (which was delicious ). We can't wait for our next visit.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 1, 2016

Not far from the Holiday Inn Express, this restaurant was reommended by a friend. We found it well worth trying for our dinner was not only delicious, but we had enough left for another meal.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 27, 2016

I have been going to this restaurant for the last 34 years. In the last year I find that the once great taste is just not the same anymore. The fried rice was bland and the hot and sour soup recipe has changed. It tasted very watery this week when I brought some home. The only thing that is still as good is the crab rangoon. Can't beat them anywhere.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

This place has been around forever, but I can't understand why. Their food has always been terrible and the prices are about the same as much better places, so I'm always amazed that people rave about this place.

One of my coworkers told me it's a family owned place and it's much better now that one of the other family members is running it. She said it was awesome, so my fiancé and I decided to give it a shot. I forget exactly what we ordered, but we spent about $40-50 only to take a couple of bites and toss it in the trash.

I'm not sure why people like eating here, but my personal opinion is that there are much better places in the area.

Date of visit: March 2016