“A good place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Houma
KANSAS CITY, MO
“A good place to stay”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Upon arrival at the hotel which was easy to find we found a parking spot immediately right in front. There is not a charge for parking which is nice. The check-in was easy and our room was ready. The room was very nice with two queen beds with comfortable bedding. The bathroom was very pretty with a green glass countertop. The hotel room was very quiet with no middle of the night loud noise interruptions. The next morning we ate in the restaurant but the food was just okay. The waitress was very friendly. I would definately stay at this hotel again but would eat breakfast at another restaurant.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on an upper floor because the first floor rooms might be noisy with cars pull...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank EJAEIK
HolidayInnHouma, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houma, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you for staying with us andn taking the time to post about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The hotel is located on a wide road a couple of miles out of DownTown Houma. Across the street, there is an outdoor shopping area and there are a good few national chain restaurants nearby. We stayed here for three nights whilst visiting friends in the area. The grounds are quite large and there is free parking for guests surrounding the building. At the back of the hotel, there is a high wooden fence which separates the hotel from a residential area (more on that below).

The reception area is compact and our welcome from the staff was functional. All rooms and interior public areas are non-smoking. There is a health and fitness centre, outdoor pool, and complimentary WiFi throughout.

Rooms are very spacious, clean, and appeared fairly new and modern, although the carpet just inside the room entrance appeared a little soiled. The bed, in particular, was excellent. Standard equipment including TV, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, iron, hairdryer etc., were all present and correct. The hotel and rooms are air-conditioned throughout.

The hotel was fairly quiet whilst we were there and we noted little or no disturbance from other guests.

There is a restaurant and bar. We did not take dinner. Breakfast is available on an a la carte basis. There was a reasonable section and standard was good enough. As members of the chain’s loyalty programme, we were offered a couple of complimentary alcoholic drinks at the bar. (I understand this offer is not available on Friday nor Saturday).

In summary, then, if you have cause to be in this area, this hotel represents a good choice and beds, in particular, are very comfortable. If your reason for being here is in DownTown Houma, then you will need to drive or use a taxi etc., although I did note a public bus service operating nearby which offers service during the daytime only.

Finally, a note for some GPS (SatNav) users: The GPS I was using insisted on directing us into the residential area mentioned above. Whilst in strict geo-positioning terms, it did bring us right to the hotel’s location, it placed us at the other side of the wooden fence that separates the hotel from the residential area, and there is no access for a vehicle nor on foot from one to the other. Whilst that may be a quirk unique to the system I was using, I recommend that anyone wishing to find this hotel refer to a regular map (perhaps obtained online) on arrival at the outskirts of the town to ensure you drive along Martin Luther King Blvd. (If arriving from the north along rote 24, watch for “Rouse’s” supermarket on the right, and make a partial right turn at the intersection.)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank SCAN60
Megan W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Houma, responded to this review, 6 June 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your feedback and will use it to help better the service we provide on a daily basis. We hope you will return anytime you are in the area.

Kind regards,
Megan W
Front Office Manager
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Been here a couple times and always gave enjoyed my stay. Very friendly, helpful and super clean. Thanks Holiday Inn staff.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank leonandrus82
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I would definitely suggest staying at the Holiday Inn in Houma on Martin Luther King Blvd. We arranged for a block of rooms for our soccer team and the staff arranged for our team to be on one floor in rooms next to each other which was very considerate. The rooms were modern, clean, and spacious. The next morning to our surprise, we were able to get a nice hot, hearty breakfast quickly off of the buffet which satisfied the kids and the adults so that we could get to the tournament on time. Some of the parents thought it was a continental breakfast but felt the quality and quantity of the breakfast was worth the price in the end. The restaurant inside the hotel that evening had some of the best burgers, steaks, and seafood gumbo that we had ever had. Can't wait to book this hotel next year for our group block! Great location! Less than 2 miles away from soccer field!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large. Request adjoining rooms as early as you can.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank PIPack
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 October 2011

If you want to have a wedding at a hotel, I definitely recommend doing it here. Although, my friend who had gotten married here told me that the 'honeymoon suite' wasn't much more than a regular room with some rose petals & choclate strawberries. So I'm not too sure that it's worth the money. But other than that, the wedding went AWESOME! It was affordable and all the food was exceptional! I want to say it was around 5 thousand for the entire reception, including the food. It was nicely setup...the manager was there the entire time offering the bride & groom drinks. He was trying to make it her dream reception. Any tables/cloths the couple wanted, they got. Very nice staff! The hottubs in the rooms are rather small, but I'm not sure they are any bigger than other hotels since this is the only hottub we've had in a hotel room before. I'd rate this place an A+. They had enough luggage carts to help everyone unload their items for the wedding. The price is a bit on the expensive side, but if you want a nicer stay this is the place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank amandamarie20082008
Dandridge, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I've stayed in Houma many many times over the past couple years, as I work offshore and crew change here. I've also stayed in town for classes. And after staying at about half the hotels in town, I can say without reservation that this is the best of the ones I've stayed at.

The hotel is new and very modern, with well-appointed rooms. The beds are extremely comfortable, and there is extra bedding in the closets, which I appreciate. The bathrooms are large and nicely appointed. Customer service is outstanding, and they really go above and beyond to take care of you.

My only complaint about the hotel is the breakfast buffet. My last stay was the first time I'd tried the buffet, and I found the food to be pretty average. The manager offered to make me fresh anything I wanted, since I was the only person there, but I was in a hurry and couldn't take him up on the offer. But what really got me about the buffet was actually the price...it was $12 for one person, which seemed exorbitant to me.

All-in-all though, the Holiday Inn has been a great place to stay for crew change, and if I ever found myself in Houma on a non-business trip, this is where I would stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank marinerjess
nc
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Was here in town for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised at the nice decors inside a Holiday Inn. The room was a modern feel to it. The only thing I didn't like was there wasn't a late night area for us to buy foods other than cookies/sweet stuffs when we got hungry around midnite. They have a restaurant but it was closed after business hours . It's understandable. Overall it's a decent hotel and clean. Didn't have time to explore the rest of the facilities.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends