All reviews extended stay i highly recommend this hotel bed was comfortable linens amenities unit tv property
Reviewed December 27, 2017

We stayed in this hotel in December 2014 for 13 days. It was just about new, but now in December, 2017; it is run down! We will never stay here again! I had made Reservations a week before we came here to Houma and when we arrived on December 22, 2017 we didn't have any reservation that I had made! The person at the desk became angry, because I became frustrated; due to the fact, who every took my information the week before, had not put what I had asked them to do in the computer! Their policies here at this Hotel are that your bed is only changed after seven days,it includes you only get one set of towels to use in those seven days! I asked that we be put on the first floor, due to my husband's disability but we were ignored and was put on the third floor, as I stated before whomever took my information over the phone didn't do as I had requested of them! We were moved to the first floor after I got in contacted with a young lady who we had met in December 2014 that work here. She was kind enough to get us a room on the first floor, and see that we get towels ever day. instead of every seven days! This Hotel accommodate to working men and because of that the floors are not clean, and the chairs are raggedy!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Angel C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

I'd like to begin by apologizing for the issues you encountered with our housekeeping program. As a Candlewood Suites, we do maintain the brand standard of housekeeping being done on a weekly, rather than on a daily basis. This was implemented to try and acheive a better rate for the extended traveling customer. I wholeheartledly apologize for the inconvenience this caused you during your travels. We try to accommodate all of our guest's needs and if at any time during a future stay you would like daily housekeeping please let the front desk know.

Again, thank you for your review! We use these reviews to try and better our hotel & customer service, so we thank you for your input.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Stayed there Tue, 12/05/2017 as a 15K point reward night. Hotel is 3 years old and one of the nicer Candlewoods we've stayed at. The 4 story hotel was a bit hard to locate since the access road was not clearly indicated. It is directly behind a mall complex with lots of shopping and restaurants. Plenty of parking near the lobby entrance.

Wonderful front desk staff worked with us to overcome issues with our reward night booking. A single clean elevator is available just past the attractive lobby. Room access uses a proximity badge reader. The room was spacious with nice tile and clean stain-free carpet. As in most Candlewoods there is a workable kitchen area that includes a full size fridge, stovetop and kitchen/dining tools.

WIFI access was easy and signal was stable. The TV was wall mounted and average size. There were plenty of channels but switching was slow. No problems with the remote. An adequate number of outlets were near the bed.

Bed was comfortable with 4 pillows and clean fresh sheets. HVAC control was wall mounted but we thought unit was a bit noisy. Bathroom was average size with granite countertops, nice fixtures and plenty of space for your stuff. Plenty of fresh clean towels available along with expected notions. Shower had average water pressure.

We enjoyed our stay and can recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Karissa B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful and comprehensive review! We appreciate that you took the time to notice the grounds, property features, and amenities offered. I'm especially glad to hear that our staff helped you resolve the check-in issue that came up with your rewards night. Your thorough observation of what we have to offer in terms of comfort and accommodations will prove to be so helpful to future travelers. We truly look forward to your next visit to Candlewood Suites!

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

There aren’t enough grades higher than excellent to rate it better. The rooms are spacious, with amenities to spare. The kitchenette is well stocked and whatever you don’t have is available upon request from the stellar front desk staff. There is plenty of counter space to be able to finish most take home office projects. The beds are like sleeping amongst the clouds, with pillows to spare. The rooms, facilities, and grounds are extremely clean. Their staff is where this hotel excelled beyond the rest. When you walk in the door you will be treated as if you are just getting home from a long trip. The General Manager - Mrs Angel doesn’t miss any opportunity to speak to her guests and make them feel welcomed. Her phenomenal team : Karissa, Mieisha, and Michael, to name a few, also go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. This is very much so a home away from home. You will never be disappointed having to visit the Candlewood Suites in Houma Louisiana. Southern charm and hospitality at its finest !

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Karissa B, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Houma, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your glowing review, Josh! It means so much to us that we made your stay pleasant and memorable. Your remarks about the spacious room, stocked kitchenette, and comfortable bed are exactly what we strive for as an extended stay property. More than that, though, our customer service is where we hope to stand out most. Your comments about the staff are much appreciated as we want our guests to feel welcome and as comfortable as if they were returning to a away from home. Thank you again for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review and we look forward to seeing you again here at Candlewood Suites!

Reviewed September 30, 2017

In a part of Houma, LA that has grown significantly in the past few years. It's a new property and the staff is nice. Had to ask for a printed receipt in the morning upon checkout, but maybe that's their policy.

It's also close to many restaurants, mid range and fast food and near shopping ares. Very safe and well kept area and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Hi Matt,
Thank you for leaving a great review of your stay. I'm glad that you noticed our property's very convenient location. We're really in the middle of all a traveler could ask for. We pride ourselves on the safety of the grounds as well and I'm happy to see that it wasn't lost on you as a guest. For those staying and paying for their accommodations directly to the hotel, a receipt is usually ready before check out. I apologize that you had to ask for yours and I feel confident that it won't happen again on your next stay. I sincerely hope that when you find yourself in Houma again, you find yourself at Candlewood Suites!

Reviewed March 21, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is well located on a quiet road to the North of Houma. Plenty of places to eat close by.
The bed was comfortable and the linen of acceptable quality. The king suite was plenty large enough although it did not have a separate bedroom. The TV was good as well.

Really not much to complain about. Will stay again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business