“Great food, underwhelming service”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Jefferson
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

The food here was excellent, but the service was not. We were seated at a table that had a dirty dessert plate on one chair. The hostess removed it, but the table cloth was still full of whipped cream and other dessert stains. There were plenty of other tables available, but we were still seated at that one. My husband had to wait to have water wiped off of his chair before he could sit down. It would have been much better if they had just taken us to another table and finished cleaning that one.

We got crab stuffed beignets for an appetizer. They were delicious! My husband got the pecan crusted catfish and said it was good. I got crab stuffed shrimp and they were very good. My daughter got the strawberry/brie salad with grilled shrimp and she really liked that as well. We tried to order Caesar salads, but they were out of them. We got regular salads instead and they were very good.

My daughter's salad came out with chicken instead of shrimp though so it had to be sent back. It took FOREVER for them to bring it out to her again. At one time the waiter also took our water cups to refill them, but never brought them back....we had to ask for them again.

All in all, the food was very good, but the service was lacking.

2  Thank TheBoss99

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Had a lunch meeting and we chose Copelands due to both of our history with delicious food. Boy oh boy... Not here.

We first had to deal with a waiter that had to start with a little saying. Then he continually flirted with my lunch date. We ordered apps and they came fairly quickly. The spinach/artichoke with bow tie pasta was bad. The sp/art was COLD. The pasta was ok.

Then after a long wait, here came our lunch. My salad was terrible. The chicken tastes like it was cooked on the same spot as salmon. The lettuce was wilted. To top it off, the plate looked DIRTY.

I will never go back here....

Management response:Responded 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We sincerely apologize that your experience at Copeland's was not delivered to our standard. We take great pride in our service and our from-scratch kitchen and appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues you experienced. Please reach out at your earliest convenience as we would like to obtain a few more details from your visit and make this up to you as well. I can be reached at kramjattan@alcopeland.com and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

I have always enjoyed Copeland's line of restaurants when visiting my home city. The cheesecake, seafood, and steaks are to die for!

Reviewed 6 March 2017

We went yesterday and was SO good that we went back today!!Service was excellent and price was reasonable,midrange, I had a glass of wine and my brother had a beer,two cups of soup,which were large,an appetizer,two meals and the total was 52$,can't recommend this place enough,I would love to eat there again but we are leaving tomorrow. The staff was exceptional!

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

The spinach artichoke dip was everything we have come to expect of Copeland's. We also enjoyed the crab stuffed shrimp. The staff was friendly and responsive. The desserts looked amazing although we were too full to try them.