“Overcooked pasta...really”

Copeland’s of New Orleans
Ranked #12 of 239 Restaurants in Kenner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
Reviewed July 30, 2016 via mobile

I came here by myself and ordered some corn and crab bisque to start and it was delicious. I ordered crab cakes and shrimp Alfredo and when I got my food, the pasta was VERY mushy. Other than that the food was good. My server, David, who was the bartender did a very good job.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

A HUGE water bug (those huge roaches) was crawling around the window. Creeped me out a little bit, and all the waiter asked was did we want to move down a table (like the bug couldn't crawl LOL). Interesting experience here. Great food! Great prices!
Not as expensive as I thought.

Reviewed July 10, 2016

Although we have not lived in NOLA for more than 15 years, we still like going to Copeland's when visiting. Yes, it's a chain. But, the food is really good and, most importantly, the quality is consistent. I have several favorite menu items. This visit, I had ricochet catfish and corn and crab bisque, both of which were excellent. My only complaint is that the portions were too big -- didn't have any room for dessert! All four of us in our party ordered different dishes, and all of us were pleased.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

we have gone to Copelands many times. We continually go back because they consistently provide good food, good flavors, and large portions. Some of the negatives are the slow service (no matter which time you go, the service is slow) and the prices are a bit high.

What you do get are a good variety of New Orleans-inspired food - and now they have smaller portions which still have good flavor but smaller portion (and smaller price)

The spinach dip with fried bow tie pasta, the hamburger, the fish, the seafood, and the desserts are good.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

Went to Copeland's for a birthday lunch with friends. Since I am a member of the Lagniappe club, I received a free lunch of my choice. All of us ordered steak. Our waitress was nice, but seemed to have too many tables to care for. We waited quite long for our food. In fact, the table next to us, who came in much later than we did, had their entree before we got ours.
Eventually, the steaks with the sides were served. I had ordered a salad as a sideand it came later than my entree.

The steaks were delicious, but the wait was too long for a lunch.

Been to Copeland’s of New Orleans? Share your experiences!