“Great Experience”

Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 6, 2017

So glad we read reviews and found this place. It is only a short ride from the airport and worth the time to go there. The GPS took us to a Circle K station but this place is nearby next to a store called Copeland at the big mall.

What a great dining experience ! From start to finish each item was delicious. The ribs were falling off the bone and so flavorful. The steak was tender and moist. Loved the corn grits, not buttery like so many we have had. Also loved the braised cabbage and the potatoes. We both shared all the items and agreed on the taste! If the meal was not enough to rave about, the desserts added to the meal. What a yummy brownie and husband loved the cheesecake. All portions were big.

Extra features were the hot towels on the table and the friendly server, Miranda. This was one of the best meals we had in our two week stay in Louisiana. If this place were near us, we would surely be weekly patrons. I would love those ribs often.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

This place had some very different options. Great place to try if you want something tasty, different and not typical New Orleans cuisine. I had the Thai ribs with a side of corn grits. They were very awesome.

Reviewed December 3, 2016

When I asked my business client where he wanted to go for lunch on a Tuesday, his eye lit up, and his mouth open wide to say Zea. Like the movie, "it was the start of a beautiful friendship". That tasty lunch led to my next day return for dinner. It's such a rare but pleasant experience when a restaurant can deliver on the promises of its menu. Zea hasn't failed me, yet. I like the roasted garlic hummus, the Tuna Sashimi as starters.I was disappointed in the Corn Bisque soup, only because they dont serve everyday (they serve Tuesday & Saturday).

Rotisserie meats is what they do here and I saw a number of chicken dinners served in my visits. I 'd crawl for their Spinach salad. There is just so much fresh and flavorful things to choose. I know 2 visits were enough for me so I can't wait until my return to the area and come back with fork in hand.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

I have been to Zea's many, many times and have always had a good meal until today. After the meal 2 of the 4 parties said they had a recent meal that was sub-par at 2 other Zea's as well. The portions were half the size and were not as good quality as previously experienced. One diner said this was the third occasion where rotisserie chicken was not available. Very disappointed. I can understand a bad day but not at three different locations four different days.

1  Thank joanjimmyanselmo
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

The food is always consistently good here and the service excellent. Now you can get any rotisserie dish any day of the week. At one time, i had to wait for the right day to order the veal.

Been to Zea Rotisserie & Bar? Share your experiences!