“Nice Sushi bar and Japanese restaurant!”

Sake Cafe of Chateau
Ranked #102 of 231 Restaurants in Kenner
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This is an excellent choice when it comes to any and all things sushi! Nice atmosphere and great fresh appetizing fish with some interesting local twists on rolls!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

The Happy Hour is one of the best deals in town. We had four rolls and two glasses of their house wine. Great sushi and tasty wine. Service was very good.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Went to the Sake Cafe in Elmwood and had wonderful service. Since I am gluten free I asked the server if they had Tamari sauce, which is gluten free soy sauce, and she gladly brought it over.Asked if the clear soup was gluten free and after checking with the chef, the server happily reported that it was. The sushi and the service was wonderful at the Elmwood location. Fast forward three days, when we go to the Chateau Sake Cafe.After we ordered the same selection I had gotten at the other location, I just happened to remind the server to bring me some Tamari sauce. She said that they didn't have any. I then asked if the Clear soup was gluten free and she reported that it wasn't. My husband asked it I wanted to leave or eat the sushi without soy sauce and the server abruptly turned around and walked away before I could answer. We had to flag her down and tell her to cancel the order. She didn't, however, charge us for our iced teas. Won't be returning to that location.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Great sushi but terrible service. Despite there only being two tables in the whole restaurant, the waitress took almost an hour to bring us the check, never even checked back up on us after she brought the food.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

My wife, 2 daughters and I went on a Friday night. Not busy at 630. We typically like Sake because we conveniently live nearby in North Kenner. My daughter wasn't hungry so she ordered the fried rice. I don't know what in the heck they brought but it looked like a bowl of rice, perhaps a teaspoon of soy sauce and maybe a morsel or 2 of what appeared to be a vegetable. Really? You charged for this when you make rice by the bucket loads every day? Poor excuse for fried rice. Secondly, sharpen your knives! We ordered about 5 different sushi rolls, our favorite was the Summer Roll that was delicious BUT all of the sushi rolls were not cut all the way through so when you picked them up with your chopsticks or fork they fall apart because the piece is still attached to the log. So mess went everywhere. The sushi piece fell apart and further disintegrated in the dipping of the soy sauce. Very very very very disappointed. Our 1 night a week of going out to eat and drop almost $100 and we get this. Sharpen your knives, please! Not happy and may be a while before we return.

Been to Sake Cafe of Chateau? Share your experiences!