“Perfect for my budget”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Derby, Kansas
“Perfect for my budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

This hotel fit my budget. It had free breakfast, internet, and a clean room. The wireless internet in the hotel didnt during my time here so I had to go to the lobby.

Getting onto the main highways weren't much of a problem and weren't that far from this hotel so that was a plus. Downtown Lafayette and restaurants were within reasonable driving distance as well. This was not fancy what so ever, but it gave me a place to stay, shower, and rest during my Louisiana trip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
kiran1030, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2011
Thank You for your response. Your feedback is very valuable to make the guest stay more joyous and enjoyable.

Kevin
GM
Days Inn/Lafayette-Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Orleans
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

I was only in Lafayette because of a family emergancy. I get reward points for staying in certain places and opted to book online from my phone as I was on the way. It was sight unseen.

The picture on here makes it look a bit nicer then it is not that it is horrible. It is on a busy highway that with car dealerships and such. Right next to an airport. One night I did hear traffic on the road but that doesn't bother me too much. As I was traveling with another female I felt as if this area was a little dark and it could have been lighted better.

The room was clean but a bit dated. I ask for a non smoking room however it was evident people had smoked there prevoiusly. Not that I think that it was the hotels staff's fault. Some smokers will take any room and convert it into a smoking room witthout thinking about the people staying behind them. The breakfast wasn't really much although I wasn't too particular seeing as how I wasn't really on leisure. I just needed somewhere to lay my head for a few hours a night.

If you need to stay there in a pinch this isn't a bad place to be or if a plae is needed. But if you are there on vacation or such I would propably pick a bit of a nicer place.

The internet did stream a netflix movie late at night with no problems. Checking in and out was lightning fast.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
_Kevin_P_GM, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2015
Thank you for taking the time to submit such a through review. We indeed are on a major thruway providing an ease route through the city and beyond. When checking in a guest, we ask if they wish to be in the front, or in the back due to the noise that can be created by the traffic.

Since your stay, we have been doing some renovation work as well as introducing new items to our breakfast.

I hope that if you are ever in the area, that you would stop by and see the changes that have been made since your last visit.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2009

Okay place to put your head down for the night. Very Industrial area. Room was Clean but resembled something from the 70s.
On the upside , breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. the area we are in is a bit industrial as well as being located very near the airport. Within just 2 miles there are, however, several places to dine, from fast food to casual to more upscale. We look forward to the chance for you to stay with us again.
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

From Lafayette Louisiana airport i called days inns hotel in Evangeline St if they have vacancy. Lucky enough there was. Me and my daughter dont drive we requested for a ride.The manager owner KEVIN PATEL pick us up in five min. He was very nice and accommodating , knowing we needed a ride back and forth to our appointments to St Martinville he offered one of his staff to drive for us .
In regards to the hotel our non smoking room the price is good $54.000/night, everything inside is clean the bathroom, towels, sheets and comforter,.microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker was more of a plus for me because i drink coffee a lot.

To Mr KEVIN PATEL,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU MAKE OUR STAY EASY AND COMFORTABLE!!!!!!

LINDA Jackson

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ruby3136
Ms Linda,

Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to submit it. I am very proud of my staff and their willingness to help our guests. I look forward to your visit again.
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2009

The rooms here are typical for this price range - a little worn. Extras included microwave and refrigerator. But there were significant problems: no hot water in the morning, nonfunctional wifi, walls thin enough to hear sex next door, and major plane noise from the airport. There are plenty of other places in this price range to choose from.

• Liked — Color
  • Disliked — Lack of hot water
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mr. Dan,

Thank you for taking a moment to write your review. There have been significant improvements done since your last visit. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again.