“Always feel welcomed...”

Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I have stayed at this property many times in the past few months. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is quite welcoming! They make you feel like a member of the family! :) The rooms have always been quite comfortable and like a home away from home to me. Although I have come across a few minor issues during my stays, the staff has always been very quick to respond and fix any issue. I truely enjoy my stays here and will continue to stay when in town! The service is fantastic and that overcomes any minor issues that I have ever had!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
kiran1030, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2012

Thank you very much. I am glad you feel welcoming at our hotel. We try to make every guest feel like they are home away from home. I hope everybody can see and feel like you.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

This was one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed. It was listed on Travelocity as a 3-star hotel, but it seemed like a shabby 1 or 1½-star hotel to us. The hotel’s online description stated, “…all our rooms are newly renovated”, but this did appear to be correct: our room was worn, stained, and filthy. This hotel is badly managed and is not worthy in my opinion of a 3-star rating.

When we first arrived, the odor of sewage was overwhelming in our room. My wonderful DIY wife quickly identified the problem: she discovered the wax seal between the bathroom toilet’s base and the floor had deteriorated, thus causing a small amount of leaking sewage and the horrid stench. We asked for another room, which (after a few phone calls) was granted by the hotel staff.

The replacement room smelled much better, but we immediately noted its worn run-down appearance. The furniture was stained and battered. The bathroom floor was littered with dead insects and short curly hairs of unknown origin. The bathroom door was severely warped by water damage which caused us difficulty in opening and closing the door. The lower hinge on the bathroom door was damaged such that we were a bit concerned the door might come crashing down upon us as we entered and exited the bathroom. I am attaching photos.

To make things wretchedly worse, our room’s air conditioner was turned off when we arrived. When we first opened the door, our room’s air temperature was oppressively hot -- perhaps 85°F or 90°F degrees in my honest estimation. We immediately powered up the air conditioner, but it was apparently not an efficient unit and it took several hours for our room’s air temperature to reach a comfortable level. Because we arrived around 10 P.M., this made for a miserable and sweaty night’s sleep.

We booked this room for four contiguous days using Travelocity’s pre-paid Secret Hotel feature; therefore we were financially committed to stay here for all four days. The Secret Hotel feature is non-refundable and is therefore a “buyer beware” consumer risk. We willingly took a risk on this hotel and definitely lost.

As we sometimes do when cleanliness problems are suspect in a hotel, we drew a tiny letter “X” on a hidden corner of our room’s bed’s fitted sheet using a harmless water-soluble blue marker. We checked each night for our “X” and verified the sheets were not changed in all four days of our stay. I believe this is unacceptable and unworthy of the Days Inn reputation. This is certainly not the behavior we expected in a 3-star hotel.

When we returned to our room on our third day at 9 P.M., we discovered our room had not been serviced by housekeeping at all. Because of the late hour, we were exhausted and wished to shower with clean towels and retire for the night. So we gathered our room’s dirty towels from the previous day, took them to the hotel office, and politely asked to exchange for clean towels. Clean towels were gruffly handed over without any apology or explanation. The staff seemed genuinely annoyed at us for having the nerve to ask for clean towels.

This was listed on Travelocity as a 3-star hotel, but we believe it to be a 1 or 1½-star hotel. We will never stay here again. Our room was filthy, poorly serviced, and the hotel’s management obviously did not consider customer service to a priority. I recommend you to avoid this hotel.

What a shame. This hotel was built at a great location -- it is immediately adjacent to a fairly busy airport and across the street from a very busy railroad. Oddly enough, my wife and I love the sounds of nearby planes and trains. There is an excellent view of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad traffic from the property’s west-facing second floor rooms and a fantastic view of the Lafayette airport runway from the property’s east-facing second floor rooms. We visit Lafayette several times a year and would enthusiastically stay at this hotel here if it were not such a sloppy mess.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank punchcard
kiran1030, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2011

For many years Days Inn has managed to acquire a reputation of a clean, comfortable, friendly and relaxing environment. All Days Inn employees are trained to maintain this image to the highest achievable level possible to ensure comfort of each guest. The management of each Days Inn has been reassuring each guest that this image that we try so hard to maintain is portrayed on each visit of our valued guest.

We, the management of Days Inn in Lafayette, LA. were very disappointed to hear that your last stay with us was not, in your opinion, in upkeep of the Days Inn image.

In continuous effort to ensure each guest a happy and comfortable stay, I would like to offer you a sincere apology and an assurance that your next stay with us will be one that is of Days Inn image.

Thank you for your voice in what we can do to make your next stay at the Days Inn in Lafayette LA., joyous and comfortable.

Kevin

Reviewed 25 May 2011

This hotel fit my budget. It had free breakfast, internet, and a clean room. The wireless internet in the hotel didnt during my time here so I had to go to the lobby.

Getting onto the main highways weren't much of a problem and weren't that far from this hotel so that was a plus. Downtown Lafayette and restaurants were within reasonable driving distance as well. This was not fancy what so ever, but it gave me a place to stay, shower, and rest during my Louisiana trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Thank You for your response. Your feedback is very valuable to make the guest stay more joyous and enjoyable.

Kevin
GM
Days Inn/Lafayette-Airport

Reviewed 18 October 2010

I was only in Lafayette because of a family emergancy. I get reward points for staying in certain places and opted to book online from my phone as I was on the way. It was sight unseen.

The picture on here makes it look a bit nicer then it is not that it is horrible. It is on a busy highway that with car dealerships and such. Right next to an airport. One night I did hear traffic on the road but that doesn't bother me too much. As I was traveling with another female I felt as if this area was a little dark and it could have been lighted better.

The room was clean but a bit dated. I ask for a non smoking room however it was evident people had smoked there prevoiusly. Not that I think that it was the hotels staff's fault. Some smokers will take any room and convert it into a smoking room witthout thinking about the people staying behind them. The breakfast wasn't really much although I wasn't too particular seeing as how I wasn't really on leisure. I just needed somewhere to lay my head for a few hours a night.

If you need to stay there in a pinch this isn't a bad place to be or if a plae is needed. But if you are there on vacation or such I would propably pick a bit of a nicer place.

The internet did stream a netflix movie late at night with no problems. Checking in and out was lightning fast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
_Kevin_P_GM, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to submit such a through review. We indeed are on a major thruway providing an ease route through the city and beyond. When checking in a guest, we ask if they wish to be in the front, or in the back due to the noise that can be created by the traffic.

Since your stay, we have been doing some renovation work as well as introducing new items to our breakfast.

I hope that if you are ever in the area, that you would stop by and see the changes that have been made since your last visit.

Reviewed 18 October 2009

Okay place to put your head down for the night. Very Industrial area. Room was Clean but resembled something from the 70s.
On the upside , breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. the area we are in is a bit industrial as well as being located very near the airport. Within just 2 miles there are, however, several places to dine, from fast food to casual to more upscale. We look forward to the chance for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 September 2009

From Lafayette Louisiana airport i called days inns hotel in Evangeline St if they have vacancy. Lucky enough there was. Me and my daughter dont drive we requested for a ride.The manager owner KEVIN PATEL pick us up in five min. He was very nice and accommodating , knowing we needed a ride back and forth to our appointments to St Martinville he offered one of his staff to drive for us .
In regards to the hotel our non smoking room the price is good $54.000/night, everything inside is clean the bathroom, towels, sheets and comforter,.microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker was more of a plus for me because i drink coffee a lot.

To Mr KEVIN PATEL,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH YOU MAKE OUR STAY EASY AND COMFORTABLE!!!!!!

LINDA Jackson

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ruby3136

Ms Linda,

Thank you for your kind review and for taking the time to submit it. I am very proud of my staff and their willingness to help our guests. I look forward to your visit again.

Reviewed 15 February 2009

The rooms here are typical for this price range - a little worn. Extras included microwave and refrigerator. But there were significant problems: no hot water in the morning, nonfunctional wifi, walls thin enough to hear sex next door, and major plane noise from the airport. There are plenty of other places in this price range to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Mr. Dan,

Thank you for taking a moment to write your review. There have been significant improvements done since your last visit. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again.