“Shrimp Po-Boy to die for!”
Review of Olde Tyme Grocery

Olde Tyme Grocery
Ranked #2 of 17 Quick Bites in Lafayette
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 26, 2018 via mobile

I had read the reviews and noted the particular recommendation to get a shrimp po-boy. So I had my first meal here on my trip to Lafayette. [Insert superlative here!] the reviews are right. Definitely include them on any trip to Lafayette!

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

I had just finished a long flight and looked up the best place to get a po boy in Lafayette. I found Old Tyme and was looking forward to a great sandwich . The staff was great and friendly, however, I ordered a shrimp po boy without mayo (and made sure she got the no mayo). I waited 15 min for my sandwich and went back to the hotel... it had mayo on it. I'm sure they would've fixed it if I went back, but I wasn't about the fight the crowd and go back. Totally disappointed. First impression is a lasting one...

1  Thank pn3142
Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

This is a local spot where you order at a counter and pay. Then if you take a seat, the food will be brought to you.

We all ate oyster PoBoys and they were fabulous. Oysters were mid-size, sweet, juicy and lightly breaded. A large sandwich cost $18. You can order a half for $9. A half was plenty for me; my husband could eat a whole.
I wouldn’t call it inexpensive, but then , it was the best pile of oysters I’ve eaten for a while.
This is also a small general store from ages past. Colorful and friendly.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Husband had fried oyster poboy and I had a roast beef. Oysters were fried crispy but not a plentiful amount on the bread. My roast beef was good but seemed to be roast beef from a deli and not home cooked roast beef. Bread was soft and not crispy. Service was good.

1  Thank Monica R
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Few things equal the promise like the Grand Canyon. A friend of mine who knows food told me the shrimp Po-boy here is the very best sandwich ever. I did not believe him and then I had one. He was right. Perfect. Plenty of quality shrimp done perfectly with great additions for on an exquisite bun. Try one.