“Great Place to Stay, with friendly Staff!”

Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Before you do anything, read all the NEGATIVE Reviews about this hotel, and then dis-regard any of the comments. I can't stand WHINERS and CRY BABIES who are looking for some kind of special consideration or maybe even a free nights stay. The negative comments about this hotel are ridiculous and somewhat funny.

At any rate: The Drury Inn & Suites in Lafayette is a very nice, clean and comfortable hotel. The are also PET FRIENDLY, which is one of our requirements when traveling. The rooms are big and comfortable, bed was very comfortable. Nice size bathroom.

Now, one of the best parts of Drury, is the free HOT Breakfast. I'm not talking about your typical waffles and basics, but a full breakfast with Scrambled Eggs and Sausage, Cereal, Waffles, fruit and the like. If you leave feeling hungry, then it's your own fault! In the evening they provide food as well. Hot Dogs every night and other items very by the weekday, like Tacos and chicken fingers. Mixed drinks are offered to the guests who are of legal age.

The rates of the hotel are very competitive and with all the extras included are your best value.

This Drury is right off Interstate 10 in Lafayette and easy to get too.

There is a Warning Sign at the desk to Not Leave any valuables in your cars, since there have been some vandelism in the past. However, the parking lot is very well lit and there are regular police patrols.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JTorsrud

Reviewed 2 January 2012

This hotel is close to I-10 so good for travelers. The service was outstanding. The check in was fast and smooth. They served a nice selection of evening snacks and drinks 5:30-7 pm. The breakfast was hot and the selection substantial. The entire hotel was very clean but not fancy. The room was a large 2 room suite with a door separating the bedroom/living room. The furnishings are dated looking but very comfortable. Plenty of pillows and blankets. The room was quiet except for a strange hum from the rather large refrigerator. Not annoying though especially with the bedroom door closed. No noise from the highway or the halls.
We used our AAA discount and were pleased with the terrific value for such a nice nights stay.i

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank ATexasMom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay. The guest areas and our suite were immaculate. The breakfast and happy hour were wonderful and the staff is AMAZING ...especially Theresa who remembers us by name every time we stay there (about once a year) and treats us like old friends.

Room Tip: We've always had a suite. Even when we reserved a regular room for an anniversary trip, we were...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wkw N
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Tonight I contacted the hotel directly to inquire about travel agent rates as I am a travel agent. The Associate who answered the phone greeted me with, "Thank you for calling Drury Inn. This is..." He said all of this so fast that his name was mumbled. As a professional, I prefer speaking with hotel staff by name as I expect them to do the same with me. So, I said to him, Hi...I'm sorry I didn't get your name. Your name again?" He grudgenly sighed and said, "What do you need?" I replied, "Your name, sir, I didn't understand it the first time you said it. " Rather than just say his name, he said, "Thank you for calling Drury Inn. This is (mumbled again)." Thus I replied, "Did you say Herb? He then replied, "I'm not understanding where we're going with this. What do you need?" I said to him, "Well, I'd like to know who I'm speaking and I called to inquire of your travel agent rate, but I'm not sure if I want to stay at your property now. Did you say Herb?" He responded, "HERB!! So you want a room?" and I replied, "Initially, I did. Are you the manager on duty now, because I'm not sure if I want to stay at your property?" He then said, (and get this, it was the most polite tone that he had used during the whole call) "Well fine. Thank you for calling." And he hung up. As an agent, I will not refer not book any client at this property.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank swankyone
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

We sincerely apologize you had a bad experience with our hotel staff. We pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming and offering +1 service. We do our best to uphold Drury standards and to remain consistent with all other Hotels in the Drury family. Thank you for your comments - they help us in our continuous efforts to improve.

Shari Weber

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Desk clerk was personable.
There were only double queen bed rooms available, which was a good thing. The beds were so springy and bouncy that when you moved it would distrub the other person in the bed. That being said, each of us sleep well in our own bed. Linens where sparkly clean.
Room was clean. Spacious, with high ceilings.
Some of the things in the room looked outdated; pictures, bench ,mirrored closet door,bathtub. They didn't seem to fit in the room along with granite countertops and a big flat screen tv.
Air conditioner was noisy when it would kick on.
Breakfast was ok. We had been staying at Hamptons Inns where they seemed to have more variety and a little better quality of food items. The only pastry they had was plain doughnuts. And these were not tasty.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

From the time we checked in, until check-out, the staff at the hotel were the best -- so accomodating and friendly. The rooms were clean and up-to-date, and the lobby was comfortable. Enjoyed our stay, and would stay there again on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2011

We loved the Drury in San Antonio so when we needed a room in Lafayette, LA we wanted to stay there. I should have been suspicious when I had to call three times and spend way too long listening to advertisements before being able to make a reservation. When we received our room keys were were also handed a typed notice that there were a lot of break ins in the area and that we should secure all belongings in the car. Yes, that is common sense but I don't usually stay in places that come with printed warnings and a policeman in uniform joining us for breakfast. Most of the staff was very nice, the included "kickback hour" and breakfast were also fine. Unfortunately, our room was near the elevator and overlooking the pool. There were people whooping it up at the pool past 11PM and the elevator bell rang constantly. When I mentioned to the front desk that it might be a good idea to close the pool a little earlier the clerk told me "not when there is a large group like that". I pointed out that a lot of people check into a hotel for rest. It seems that if you are a large, rowdy party you can call the shots and if you are a weary road warrior you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elliesmomTexas
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

We sincerely apologize you had a bad experience with our hotel. Our staff pride itself on being friendly and welcoming and offering +1 service. We do our best to uphold Drury standards and to remain consistent with all other Hotels in the Drury family. I apologize for the elevator beeping throughout the night disturbing your good night's sleep. Our pool curfew is strictly enforced, even when there is a large group in house. As a courtesy we like to remind our guest to remove their valuables from the cars, and we welcome our men in uniform to join us for breakfast. Thank you for your comments - they help us in our continuous efforts to improve.