“Worst hotel ever stayed at”

Best Western Lafayette Inn
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Staff is rude, dirty and for the price you can problably stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RachelMNewYork
There are newer reviews for Best Western Lafayette Inn

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Front desk clerk wasn't going to give AAA discount until I complained to Best Western Customer Service. I was quoted $89.99 with Aaa discount. My Visa card was Pre authorized for $101.79 but Bina tried to overcharge me extra $11.20 on the final bill upon check out., so I protested being over charged. Anyhow. Carpet in the halls and room 203 was stinky. The housekeeping person turned the air conditioner off so when I got to my room at 9 pm it was 81 degrees. F.and took 3 hours to chill the room to 72 F. Room was small for two iWeb size bed. The room (203) was must and smelled of urine. There wasn't a hot breakfast. Just a waffle iron with gross batter. Cream cheese was not fresh. Toaster was there to bread and stale Bagel.
Swimming pool was tiny so 2 strokes wide and long! The $99 rate for That Saturday night was inflated for the International Fesival. I'm going to stay at the Mariott next time. Oh, I do love the Beat Western in St Francisville , La. which served sausage, Biscuits, eggs, gravey unlike the dump aka Lafayette Inn.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Tacnyllac
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed for an in-route overnight at the Lafayette, LA Best Western and I'm so glad we did. The accommodations were comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great, but what happened after we left was what left an indelible credit for this great place.

I forgot my purse in the room when we headed out in the morning and only realized my mistake when we arrived at our destination in Houston four hours away. When I realized I didn't have my purse I was a little panic stricken and immediately called our home phone number in Virginia. What a relief to hear the voice of the Best Western manager saying my purse had been turned in. To make a long story short I got it back in a few days with everything intact. I was so impressed by the honesty of the housekeeping person I sent her a check and a thank-you note.

It really gives you confidence in people to have an experience like this and we will make a point of staying at this hotel when we are in the area again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dadsmolly
Reviewed 20 December 2011

I booked this place for an overnight stop off on a trip to Texas. I had read the reviews, which left me a little bit in doubt about staying here, but decided to give it a try anyway. The reviewer about the hallways wreaking of cigarette smoke was right on the money. The smell was so bad it would take your breath away. Luckily the rooms did not have the same smell, and were relatively clean. There was only one ice machine working in the entire motel, so it was always low on ice. The breakfast was probably the worst that I had seen at any Best Western that I have stayed at. The next morning the parking lot was littered with trash, as if there had been a party in the parking lot overnight. I make at least two trips a year to Texas, but I do not plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank newjade
Kim F, Director of Sales at Best Western Lafayette Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

I am very sorry to hear that your recent visit here wasn't up to our highest standard. We are continuously working to improve every aspect of our hotel. Your comments regarding the breakfast, the parking lot, and the hallways are appreciated and I will see to it that these issues get properly addressed. The opinions of our guests matter to us. I hope on your next visit to Lafayette you will give us another chance. Thanks again for your comments.

Sincerely
Kim Fontenot
Sales Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I frequent this Best Western quite often, my recent visit on September 22, 2011 wasn't so pleaseant. I awakened in the middle of the night to discover i wasn't alone in my bed, I disovered the bed was infested with "BED BUGS" i made the decision to check out at 3:15am.
I wasn't offered any accomodations for my unpleasant experiance, such as a new room or even a return phone call from Management which i requested. Needless to say i want be visiting this Best Western again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank newhomehunt08
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable, there was no ambient noise from the hallway or parking lot, the staff was friendly, the price was good for the quality, the breakfast could use improvment . . . but it smelled like cat pee.. yuck

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 473rebeccah
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Whether you travel through Lafayette on business or pleasure, this hotel is certainly a great stop to consider. Easy access from Hwy 49, just South of I-10. Friendly staff, clean and spacious hotelrooms, nice pool, and a hot breakfast selection which tops your idea of a continental breakfast. Price vs. Value. Very easy and smooth check-in and out. Your front desk folks will give you the best advice as to where to go have a real good Louisian' dinner. Such as Prejean's, but I'll write a few lines on this awesome place separately. No go travelers and enjoy!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple