“A bit misleading, the minuses outweighed the pluses 2 to 1”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Lake Charles
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This was my first stay with this hotel chain, there were some things that I liked and some I did not care for at all, unfortunetly the minuses outweighed the pluses in my opinion.

First of all, the main web site for Comfort suites claims "oversized suites with seperate living and sleeping area's that allow you to strech out and relax in", which is quite misleading at least at this location. The rooms are in no way oversized, in fact they are on the cramped side by US standards. and as far as seperate living and sleeping areas, it is really just one room with a half wall seperating the beds and a tiny loveseat and coffee table. Bathroom was very basic and also on the small side.

The two queen bed room that I was in claimed it slept 4 adults which would be un believeably crowded, I can't imagine anyone being able to stretch out or relax for that matter as the site claims.

The have a pool onsite but I'm not sure why they bothered as it is the smallest pool I have ever seen at a hotel (Including motel 6) it looked to be aprox 10 ft wide and 4ft deep at the deep end. This area of the country gets absolutly sweltering during the summer months and I can imagine the water in that tiny shallow pool being like a hot tub without the jets in summer which couldn't possibly be refreshing.

The hotel is located off by itself well out of the established hotel zone in an older urban / residential type area aprox 8- 10 miles from either of the main casino's, didn't look to be the safest area of town either.

There were a few pluses and it's only fair to mention them as well, Although the carpets were noticably worn, the rooms were otherwise clean and the beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was one of the best I have seen in a while, clearly a cut above the average.

The hotel staff was very friendly and they have a full service cocktail lounge on site that is open in the evenings which is always a big plus in my book, unfortunetly though even with these important pluses I still came away with the feeling that there was nothing really here that would cause me to return next time I was in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank outlaw1865
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 7 March 2012

The staff at check in showed a friendly smile and southern hospitality.
The breakfast had a great taste with plenty of selections to choose from. Real eggs, sausage, country gravy, grits, waffles, and fruit.
Rooms are very nice and up to date. Love the bed, very comfortable!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

If you are visiting Lake Charles, you generally have a well-thought out plan. Let's face it, it's not New Orleans. Depending on what your "fun" goal is, this is just fine. Some girlfriends and I opted to celebrate Mardi Gras in low-key LC as part of a bachelorette weekend Feb 17-19. We chose the Comfort Suites because we are familiar with the brand, but this place was different.

The hotel itself is moderate in price and appearance. The first thing that stood out was that there were no toilet seat covers. Imagine the delicate dance of trying to keep all of your belongings from falling into the abyss of toilet water the entire time you are in the bathroom. One wrong move and plop, your face towel could be in the can. Yuck! Next, the water pressure was horrible. I've seen reviews complain about hotel water pressure before and always thought the reviewers were being ridiculous. However, if the water pressure they experienced was anything like my room's, they were well within their rights to complain. What good is a multi-jet showerhead if the only real pressure you can get comes out of one selection. Then, the water would not get hot. If I was a hot and bothered teenage boy, this may hav worked. As a grown woman, I stood shivering under what amounted to a sink faucet trickle of water.

Breakfast was another new experience. At Comfort Suites in other Texas locations, I'm used to a nice layout that includes waffes, eggs and usually a meat selection or two. I know Mardi Gras precedes Lent, so I don't know why there wasn't any meat at breakfast. A waffle station, some weird egg-masquerade, a few yogurts, Great Value oatmeal, orange or apple juice, a few mini muffins, and biscuits. There may have been bagels, but don't hold me to that memory. Needless to say, we opted to eat at IHOP the next morning.

The room itself was fine. Roomy with a pull-out sofabed. The brown fleece blanket for the pull-out could stand to be washed -- found hairs on it. The hairs didn't belong to my crew. The very full trash in the hallway next to the one single elevator was never emptied during our two nights.

All in all, I will probably stay at a Comfort Suites chain again because I have had positive experiences at other locations. I will never stay at this one again, though.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TrvlGrl77
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Room with a king bed was pleasant and comfortable. A small separate sitting area allows for one person to stay up late and read without disturbing the other person (me) who just wants to get to sleep! Breakfast area is nicely laid out and breakfast choice was very good with hot selection. Not much in way of restaurants in immediate area so you really have to drive to other side of town (south of I10 and along I210) if you want anything decent.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Both of our rooms were very clean and smelled fresh. Our beds were soooo soft and comfortable. The breakfast is amazing, hot bacon and eggs and biscuits and gravy. Fleur de lis waffle press, was a very nice touch too. The staff was 5 star! The breakfast attendant was so friendly and helpful, she made sure we all had everything we needed. The front desk staff, both day and evening was very friendly and personable. We loved our stay from the time we walked into the beautiful lobby until the time we left. Will stay again!!!

Room Tip: I don't see how any of them could be bad. They said they have a few pet rooms at the very end of...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank B_M_Trahan
Reviewed 15 December 2011

My name is Brian Ross I work for leading edge avation services and the have been checking into the best hotel I've ever been to. The service is excellent, the room are very clean and it's in a great location right off the interstate. If i need anything I have no problem getting it done because the employees there are very nice and curtious. If you are traveling and need somewhere to lay your head then I highly recommend this hotel there's no other like it . I have been here quite a few times and there is no hotel better than this one.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2011

My family stayed at the comfort suites on November 18, 2011. It was simply outstanding. I did not have one problem. Everything was clean and the staff were nice. I definitely liked the hot breakfast. They had Saints waffles, cinnamon waffles, eggs, grits, a lot of different juices and a continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great. I loved the top floor
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family