“Amazing PoBoys”

Ranked #3 of 271 Restaurants in Lake Charles
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Great place to drop in for lunch and enjoy a wonderful Po-Boy. They offer a variety of adult beverages to go with your food and also a great place to gather after work to enjoy some of those beverages. A local establishment that has been a favorite of many for many years. They have their regulars that go in almost everyday. Kind of like the Cheers of Lake Charles. So when you are traveling down I-210 East, exit at Ryan Street and you are there. You will not be sorry. If you are just passing through and no time to sit and eat, they can pack your Po-Boy in a handy travel package so you can assemble it when you arrive at your destination so it will be fresh. A must visit place when in the area.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I was not expecting much when I pulled up into the parking lot of Darrell's. Someone local had recommended the place to me for lunch. The "Bread" that was used on the Poboys is INCREDIBLE! Nothing else to say!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great poboys on the best french bread ever! Be sure to get the jalepeno mayo!! You will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I was in Lake Charles seeing some friends and we wanted something for supper. They suggested Darrell's. We ordered our order to go and went buy to pick it up. We were told how good the Darrell Special was so we went with that. It consist of Turkey, Ham and Roast Beef cooked in Darrell's own Roast Beef Gravy. We got the Jalapeno Mayo on the Po-boy and got the Gravy as a side. They serve around 8 different
Po-boys. The Po-Boy also come with Cheese (American, Swiss and Provolone) Mustard, Lettuce and Mayo or Jalapeno Mayo. The Jalapeno Mayo is out of this world. From the time they were put in the truck I knew that they would be good. They smell fantastic. I was not disappointed when we got home with them. They offer a 7 inch and a 12 inch Po-boy and we got a 7 inch for our wives and 12 inch ones for us. They were so good that I was full and still wanted more. If your are ever in Lake Charles you need to try them. I will when I am back down there.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Darrell's is a neat local bar with good food, good bartender and nice to watch games.

The last visit an obnoxious guy wouldn't shut up trying to talk and sell us his "catering service". Personally I felt like a manager of the facility should have interceded. We bantered with the guy hoping he would shut his mouth. We left after one drink.

Will try them again.