Review Highlights
First time on a airboat

This was a fun stop on the tour. I recommend doing this on a warm day. You will see the swamp up... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
adprochris222
Lake Stevens, Washington
via mobile
Airboat ride

Reviewed 1 week ago
BorkGordon
Mechanicsville, Maryland

All reviews captain gary small airboat ear muffs airboat tour new orleans true cajun intimate experience big gators bucket list great trip an amazing experience spanish moss visiting nola swamp wildlife bayou louisiana
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This was a fun stop on the tour. I recommend doing this on a warm day.
You will see the swamp up close. The animals prefer the warmer weather

Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a fun trip with swamp adventures doing an airboat ride. We had a package were they pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.

The boat ride was fun and we got to see a couple alligators. Our tour guide was great but I forgot his name. There were only a total of 5 people on the boat so it wasn't crowded at all.

I also got a bucket of beer to bring on the boat with me which was great.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a group of 6 of us (my parents, husband and myself, and my daughter and her husband) and opted for a private small boat tour. It was a lot of fun, and we learned a ton! We all got to interact with one of the gators, and our guide clearly has affection and respect for these creatures. He is also very versed in the areas history.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Swamp Adventures is AMAZING!! I can't say enough good things about the entire experience from pickup to dropoff! Ask for Captain Rodney Dufrene and you will have a VERY hands on experience - he knows all the gators by name and is the best storyteller. His expertise in Louisiana wildlife is unsurpassed and his vast knowledge of history made very minute of the tour FUN for the whole family! I cant wait to come back and do it again! Don't go to New Orleans without taking an airboat tour with Swamp Adventures because they are the BEST!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

An airboat swamp tour was on our bucket list during our holiday in Louisiana and this lived up to all expectations. Staff were really friendly and welcoming. Tour was fun and our guide was full of interesting information about the area and wildlife. Saw plenty of alligators, as well as birds and some turtles. A really enjoyable experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Took this tour early in the morning to try and beat the heat of the day. Unfortunately, got caught in a bit of rain. Even with the rain, the tour was AWESOME! Captain Rodney took great care of our group of 12 and brought many gators up to the boat for us to feed and take pictures. He was great with the kids in our group and very informative to all the adults. Can't recommend this highly enough - do this when you're in NOLA!!

Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

We took this tour on July 22 at 12pm. We had a great time. It was so hot this week some of the big gators were keeping cool in the mud but our guide managed to get one of the bigger ones out to feed. My husband and I did this tour with friends a few years back and glad we booked again for our family trip. Kids had a great time!

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Captain Gary was phenomenal! His story-telling and authenticity overall was remarkable. My wife and I had a blast as we kicked off day one of your Honeymoon with Swamp Adventures

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

Do not waste your time with any other. Swamp Adventures is THE one to choose. I was born in Louisiana, grew up on the swamps of Belle River and whenever I get back into town, I plan a trip to get my swamp fix. It’s not just about the gators (although I would say we saw at least 20 or so on our tour), the canals, cypress and Spanish Moss are beyond beautiful.

For $20 they will pick you up from your hotel downtown and will take you to and from the boats. You truly cannot get a bad tour guide. This last trip we had Bob. The trip before we had Stevie, we have also had T-Earl. They are all wonderful on those different ways. When I make the time to go I always try to find 5 more people and book a boat of 6 or if I can’t find 5 (like this last time it was my daughter, her best friend and her mom) I just paid for the extra two seats and had the boat to our crew. It makes it an amazing experience. Whatever you do, make sure you aren’t in the real big boat with like 50+ people. You loose the intensity of screaming around corners in the airboat and really being able to interact with the gator.

They do NOT sell booze at the little store you can shop in before you hit the water. There were some folks that were wishing they had brought their own “refreshments”.
They also do not have much food so eat before or plan to eat after (we got a pick up at Riverside Hinton and then hit Draco’s - in the Hilton- for charred oysters when we got dropped off).

This tour is truly a must for anyone visiting NOLA that wants a taste of how a true Cajun lives and the beauty of the swamps and the big beasts that call it Home. Book the tour, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a perfect trip! Saw gators, turtles & other wildlife! Loved the airboat roar and going off grid a bit into a wee bit of the untamed waterway.

1  Thank LianeBH