“There's a theatre in the hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paragon Casino Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Paragon Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marksville
louisiana
“There's a theatre in the hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We've stayed at the Paragon several times and have been impressed each time with the resort. The rooms are perfect and most of the staff is very accomodating. There are live alligators in pools with shops around the atrium. We're tried two of the restaurants and were delighted with both. Yes, there is a theater for the children or anyone wanting a break and we've noticed the movies are first run. There's also a concession stand and the smell of the popcorn (which was awesome) will make your mouth water. The casino staff is very friendly. The area is kept clean. I particularly enjoy the cart that goes from aisle to aisle where you can get a beverage so you don't have to wait for a server to come around. We look forward to our next visit.

1 Thank mapatogo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Hotel wise everything is good but casino side HELL NO!!!!! I will never visit there again cuz i do not like the casino at all slots r very tight I have never seen any machines eat up money like that $1600 gone in 1hour did not even got $100 in return from that money. Go there to stay in hotel side and enjoy but but do not play or will regret!!!!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Sonia2130
Folsom, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Had reservations with a room facing inside the atrium. We were running late, so we called Paragon and told them we would be about an hour late. They said they would note our reservation. We got there just at the time that we told them, and they said our room had been cancelled, that nobody noted our account about it. We had been driving for 3 hours to get there. We were not happy. Lady at front desk found a room for us. She even told me that we were not the ONLY ones to lose our room. There were people they had to turn away cause the VIP reservation dept were not doing their job correctly. As I stated, we were suppose to have a room, facing inside the atrium, just to end up with one facing the parking lot and the back of Burger King. Not what I reserved! Not even a discounted price, even though it was THEIR mistake!!!

Room Tip: If going to be late, stay on phone with representative until you get there!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Anthony A
Natchitoches
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I are both newly retired and enjoy the short drive (1 1/2 hours) to the Paragon for a quick getaway. By no means am I a big gambler (I only play pennies), but my room is always comped, along with a little food credit and slot play. While I play the slots, my husband takes in a movie at the theatre, which features three screens. A very nice arrangement we have!
We usually arrive around dinnertime, eat at Roxy's (24 hour cafe) or the buffet. The burgers and club sandwich at Roxy's are wonderful - we have never had a bad meal there. The banana split is also good, but we share one. We usually eat at the breakfast buffet in the morning before we leave. There are two (maybe three?) beverage stations in the casino that have fountain drinks, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. These are self serve and are nice because one does not have to wait for a server.
The rooms are always clean and very nicely decorated. The beds are some of the best we have ever slept in. There is coffee in the room and also snacks (chips, cookies), which are complimentary, along with bottled water. Nice touch.
There are a few shops we always stop in, also. Voila is a clothing store, and although pricey, I have found some nice pieces on sale that I purchased. We have never used the pool, so I cannot comment. The atrium is Louisiana themed, with giant cypress 'trees', and alligators. I have also been to the Mari showroom for a craft show and would like to one day attend a concert there.
Parking is easy. We just self park and walk in. There is a nice variety of slot machines and I can usually make my money last a while. The player's card desk staff is always nice. In fact, the front desk staff has always been nice, as well.
I have read some of the negative reviews and can honestly say their experiences are none that we have had and we have stayed at the Paragon about a dozen times with no problem. A quick, pleasant getaway is a little treat for us!

3 Thank 456Cheryl
Basile, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Wonderful trip with excellent accommodations in the atrium. Host, Gloria Ducote, is the best in giving great guest services and making your stay one to remember. The breakfast at Roxie's is my husbands favorite. We also enjoyed a meal at Big Daddys. We were pleased with the great service from ;the beverage servers throughout our stay.
The only problem for our stay was the loud music from the end of the bar at the entrance to the atrium. It felt as though the music was in our room and could not even drown out the noise with the television. We went to our room at 11 pm and endured the noise until they quit. Could they possibly move this where guest in the rooms would not have to endure this noise.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Shirley162
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We booked a stay at the RV park at this casino. We had no idea what to expect upon our arrival at this casino. We had a top notch stay here. I found no problems whatsoever with the service, casino and most importantly the RV park. Wonderful pull-thru parking, on concrete slab, all the amenities you could want including wi-fi for about $20. Casino and eating establishments were wonderful. This was a "travel from here to get there in between spot", so it was just an overnight stay for us. Now we are planning a special trip just to go back there and to partake in all the amenities as they should be enjoyed. We thought it was great!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kcv50
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

In reading previous bad reviews, while some of the complaints are valid, I have never had a problem, been unhappy or anything with our rooms. We have stayed in the atrium (which did not have a microwave); south tower (which had all amenities I could want) AND the north tower (which was fine, too; although too far away from the casino). We go to gamble and enjoy the seafood buffet among other things. I find the previous reviews to be too harsh. I will, indeed, continue to go there.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GamblingGrandma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marksville
26.7 km away
Howard Johnson Bunkie LA
0.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Marksville

Been to Paragon Casino Resort? Share your experiences!