Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$101
View deal
PricelineUS$101
Marriott HotelsUS$101
Expedia.comUS$101
Hotels.comUS$101
CheapTicketsUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
All reviews view of the lake m club the concierge lounge valet parking new orleans office building business center front desk staff garage quarter
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am extremely disappointed at the staff at the hotel. I did not receive my bill when I left the hotel. They charged me incorrectly and I'm still waiting 10 plus days to have them call me back. I don't recommend this property to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Chris Bonfanti, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Y822POmichaels,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during/after your recent stay. I believe our front office and accounting team has been working through this matter and they should have it over to you soon. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed March 14, 2021 via mobile

A funny thing happens when you exit the renovated lobby of the New Orleans Marriott Metairie. You are transported to a Marriott in 1992!

The guest room floors are ancient. And dirty. There is rust in the bathroom and exposed sheetrock. It is clear there is not a culture of service, the staff is inattentive.

In fairness, the air conditioning works really well. The front desk also got mobile check-in right.

A sign behind the front desk says the property is managed by Paramount. With a hotel this old, the team needs to double down on service and cleanliness. Unfortunately, they do the opposite.

Marriott, how do you build a brand based on consistency but allow this?

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank therealbmayer
Chris Bonfanti, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2021

Dear therealbmayer,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay. We are in the early stages of our guest room renovation, which was set back due to the pandemic, but within the next 18 months we hope to have a brand new product for our guests. We appreciate your feedback and hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed January 19, 2021

This hotel definitely was not bad, but it wasn't great either. First of all, the lobby and common areas were beautiful. Upon checking in, I was notified that we had been upgraded to a suite. However, when we got to the room, the suite had no view of the lake, but rather the indoor atrium where the empty indoor pool was. One of the best things about this hotel is the view of Lake Pontchartrain, so I was kind of disappointed-I'd have preferred a standard room with a view to a suite with no view, but whatever. The guy checking us in had been so nice, and I don't expect him to be a mind reader about my preferences. Later that evening I realized that there were no bottled waters in the room, which I thought was pretty standard for Bonvoy members (I'm Titanium level). THEN I realized that they had only given us 1 cup for coffee. Why put 1 cup in a suite?? I used it to put my toothbrush in, so the next morning my husband had to rinse it out to put his coffee in! The loveseat in the sitting area had all sorts of stains on it. Several of the lamps were bent. Instead of standing straight up and down, a couple of them were bent at an angle. The final straw was when I went to get change to tip the housekeeper, and the girl at the front desk said that the only change she had was ones, so she gave me twenty one dollar bills. I suppose I was lucky, because a guy came in after me that wanted change and she couldn't give him any. I mean, who ever heard of a hotel that couldn't make change?

Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank 708katiek
Chris Bonfanti, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2021

Dear 708katiek,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback and will address these concerns accordingly.

Reviewed December 28, 2020 via mobile

I stayed here since it was 10 minutes from my daughter's house. Booking the room using their website was easy. Confirmation was instantly. Checking in took less than 1 minute. Room was very clean! A/C could be set to my comfort level easily. All Staff member
s where friendly and outgoingly helpful. Concierge level and ice bucket are out due to covid-19 restrictions. Breakfast had a limited selection but that probably is better because everything tasted freshly made. Will definitely stay here again soon. Hopefully I will be able to try the Concierge level.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank drfalemany
Chris Bonfanti, General Manager at New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2020

Dear drfalemany,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2020 via mobile

While staying at hotel I was unfortunately involved in an argument at resteraunt. My fault for not exiting situation. Some raised voices and they called police without speaking to anyone. We were separated and officer had employee escort me to room as was just me and several of them. One of the group followed us into elevator while officer still there. I was then sucker punched by this person hitting my head against wall suffering a concussion and ruptured eardrum. I went to room and began spitting up blood. No cop called after witnessing a fellony assault. No one checked on me or took any statement. They did file a complaint BUT ON ME! I assume to cover themselves for liability. Am currently obtaining counsel to pursue this. Also worst food i have ever had at a major hotel.

Date of stay: August 2020