“Worst experience ever.”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Metairie
Houston, TX
“Worst experience ever.”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Let me begin by telling anyone that's going to book here : DO NOT BOOK through their website. Use ONLY daysinn.com, or call the Days Inn number.

I was going to New Orleans to see Stephen King. I've never been to New Orleans, and was excited. I only needed one night. I came on here and read the reviews, and decided this was pretty good, and it was one of the few hotels with reservations left in my budget. I booked on Nov. 8 through metairieinn.com, their website. I booked for Nov. 12. I got a confirmation e-mail with confirmation number. I was good to go.

After 5 and a half hours on the road, I pulled in. I went in to get my keys, told the front desk girl that I had a reservation. She looked me up...and I had no reservation. There was no record of me whatsoever. When I started to give the confirmation number, she stopped me and said "The system won't let me put in letters." Apparently my confirmation number wasn't one of theirs. She then said, "Sorry I have no rooms available." That was it. I was angry, and I let my attitude show, but she should have understood that I was an out of towner, with no clue where to go next. I didn't want to stay in a bad part of town, didn't know where anything else was, and most everything was booked up. She let me walk out with no help finding anything different.

This is owned by Days Inn, but let me tell you Days Inn doesn't not give one bit for what goes on at their properties. I called their 1800 number, and she told me Days Hotel was not a Days Inn property. We argued a bit. Then she says well let me call the property and see if they have any rooms. For Days Hotel to not be a Days Inn property, she sure knew how to call that front desk and talk to that clerk, at the Days Hotel. When I got home, I double checked through Days Inn's website, and lo and behold, Days Hotel is a Days Inn property.

After quite some time, the Days Inn customer service found me another Days Inn to stay at, in East New Orleans. This location is not the best, has terrible reviews, and I was concerned about the area but really had no other choice. This did end up being $20 cheaper than the Days Hotel, so I just shut my mouth.

When I got home, I went back to my reservation e-mail. I called Days Inn customer service. That lady asked for the confirmation number, told me that was not a Days Inn confirmation number. I said well if it's not, what happened? She doesn't know, and she'll forward my concern to that hotel.

There was a 1800 number on Metairie Inn's website, which took me to New Orleans Boutique Hotels. The lady asked me the hotel name, and sent me straight to the front desk of Days Hotel. Well of course, no help there, "Not our confirmation number, not our problem." There was another 1800 number in my reservation e-mail, again it lead to New Orleans Boutique Hotels, again they sent me to Days Hotel front desk. I left a message for the general manager.

I wanted to know where my credit card number had gone and whatnot. He called me this morning (at 7:30 am), and explained he'd heard what happened. He said that was indeed their website, but they did not use that reservation system any longer (so what is it doing still active on their website?!). He said his clerk wasn't trained to know how to retrieve the information off their website (no matter, they'd sold my room by the time I arrived). He offered me a free nights stay if I was coming back to New Orleans. He said he'd give me his direct number, and any time I was there, call him right away. Then he said "Thank You" and hung up. I didn't get the number.

Essentially, you book through their website, get your confirmation, (as I have done hundreds of times for other hotels, never a problem), and your reservation never hits the hotel. So you think you're good to go, you drive however long, and you're screwed. What if this happens on Mardi Gras night? Where are you going to go? And nobody, not their staff, not Days Inn, cares one bit. Yeah, the manager called me, but what good did it do when my stay was over and I was already home?

Worst. Experience. Ever.

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK through their website. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sugardevil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
West Babylon, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed one night only, if I had booked for a second night, I would have insisted on getting my money back and moved to another hotel. The carpet was filthy, and damp, with stains very visible. When we got to the room, the table had some white powdery substance all over it and the chairs. And the Wifi only worked for about 2 minutes at a time. The front desk clerk only knew of ONE restaurant nearby and couldn't offer any other assistance. Not a good experience

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Austin Texas
Reviewed 12 November 2011

over all stay was good. if i return i will stay her again

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Oneonta, Alabama
Reviewed 11 November 2011

The hotel itself is reasonably nice. It has nice amenities. Although I rate the room average, I rate the employee service as worse then poor. I arrived at 2:00 to check in. The lady on duty said the check in time was 4:00, She said most of the rooms should be ready by 3:30, so come back about then. I returned at 3:40 and the lady must have finished her shift,and a lady named Francis was on duty. I told her the lady told me to come back at 3:30 to check in. I was rudely told check in was at 4:00 and no rooms were ready. After steaming for a minute, I went out and sat in my car until 3:55. When I returned she had a line of people she had already been checking in prior to 4:00. She asked my how my day was wg]hen I got to the head of the line. I told her not to ask, because I was totally pissed off at the service I had received.
I have been to New Orleans several times over the year, but this time all my hotels had employees who were rude and hateful. I will have to say that this hotel was the absolute worst, and I will never stay here again, nor recommend it to anyone I know.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was my second time staying at this Hotel. Rooms are very clean, staff is very friendly. IHOP connected to hotel breakfast was included with our stay.....you are given a few breakfast choices, but still worth it. Easy drive into the French Quarters. I will keep coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed here for one night while travelling with my 3 girlfriends. We booked it online directly from the motel's website. It was a basic room with double queen beds. Nothing fancy but it had everything we needed. In the morning, it was really convenient to eat at the IHOP that is connected to the building.

Room Tip: Book a room on a lower floor, as the elevator is kind of slow.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I come to town quarterly for work & always stay here as long as I can get a room. It's been renovated within the last couple years, so don't let the older reviews scare. Hotel staff is courteous, rooms are spacious & clean, good hot water & comfortable beds. Hotel has an IHOP attached for breakfast, rooms have microwaves, mini-fridge, and several wifi hotspots throughout the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metairie
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 22 in Metairie
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
#75 of 162 in New Orleans
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,227 reviews

Been to Ramada Metairie New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!