Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Fairfield InnUS$129
Hotels.comUS$129
Expedia.comUS$129
PricelineUS$129
Agoda.comUS$129
TripadvisorUS$129
All reviews nice fitness room worked fine would definitely stay here again new orleans amenities pillows
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2020 via mobile

We have stayed here several times as we have been looking to buy a home in Metairie. It’s nothing fancy but has everything you need especially if you are a business traveler. We will continue to stay here each trip until we buy a home and will definitely put up our guests here.

Easy walk to places like Wholefoods, restaurants and the main mall - Starbucks.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andre Z
nolaricky, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2020

Andre -
We'll have to put you on the Sales team! As a Fairfield, we gear ourselves to business and select service guests who enjoy a stress free stay while maximizing their productivity. I am so happy our hotel fits the needs of you and your loved ones! We love our neighbors at Outback Steakhouse, Shake Shack, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Lakeside Mall...all within an easy walk from our hotel! Soon we'll be happy to call you neighbor and hope you'll visit as much as possible!

Happy Mardi Gras!

Reviewed January 17, 2020

On 12/07/2019 me and my fiancé were in New Orleans and booked a room at this Fairfield in Metairie. This was absolutely without a doubt the WORST hotel experience we have ever had.

It’s was my 28th birthday weekend and at the time I was about 6 weeks pregnant and had just found out the wonderful news. Me and my fiancé decided to take a last minute trip New Orleans because we had never been. After walking around the French quarter for nearly 7-8hours we went to check in about 9:45-10pm 12/7/19.

Their was a couple in front of us that I over heard the receptionist named Vonnie let know that the room they booked was unavailable. The husband so I would presume got really upset stating “why the h*** not I just booked this room 10 minutes ago.” Vonnie went back and forth to the back came back and stated she made accommodations and he would be able to get his room.

Now it our turn to check in, I went to the desk and after paying for my room Vonnie handed me my room card key and stated I had a double double room. My fiancé and I was about to head out to the car for the luggage when I suddenly remembered I book a room with a king bed. I went back to the desk and nicely asked the receptionist Vonnie “hey I booked a king room is their any reason I wasn’t able to get it.” Her response was “because it ain’t available.” So I responded “well I over heard you tell the couple infront of is their room was unavailable is there any reason we didn’t get the same courtesy? She rudely stated “because I ain’t gotta do it and you shouldn’t have been listening to the people’s conversation infront of you.” Shocked and in disbelief I asked if she had and attitude? She then said “no but you can get out of my hotel.” I had just paid $170 and been walking around New Orleans all day pregnant could you imagine?

Next, Vonnie called what I presume to be the Assistant General Manager named Clifton Robinson and told him she had a customer on the premises that was threatening her? I never made any threats. She also racially profiled my fiancé and called the police. She called the police and while on the phone she screamed “get out of my face get out of my face oh my God there is and African American male with a black hoodie on and I’m scared.” Me not my fiancé was never within 10feet of this woman. Never made any threats. I only ever asked why was I not able to get the room or courtesy like the previous customers.

While the police were on the way me and my fiancé patiently waited to show we had done nothing and never brought any harm to this woman Vonnie. We were told by Metairie police department that she was the protector of the premises so we had to go.

I told the officers that is not a problem because at that point I did not want to stay somewhere with such poor belligerent nasty customer service and I asked for a receipt. Vonnie and the police stated several times it was a pending charge and my money worked be refunded within 7business days. That I WOULD NOT be charged for the nights stay. Which is rightfully so seeing as I never made it pass the lobby or even brought luggage inside.

To top all of this off Clifton Robinson the Assistant General Manager went out of his way to call me not even 5 minutes after I left the hotel and say “your card will be charged for tonight stay and there is nothing you can do about it” and immediately hung up in my face. Funny thing is I asked Vonnie several times to call the manager on duty and she refused but he was so readily available to extend even more rude customer service.

I have tried calling to contact the GM Ricky Woods I haven’t spoken with several employees. They have taken down all of this information and as of yet still no call back. Today is 01/17/2020. This is not a place to stay. My birthday weekend was ruined so was my night stay and they refuse to refund me my money.

If I could rate this overall experience on a scale
of 1-10 (1 being the worst and 10 the best) the score would be a NEGATIVE -10

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank teiraneyr2020
msyfmgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Good Afternoon,
After a thorough review of speaking with two other guests, the Jefferson Parish Police Department, and reviewing cameras, we discovered one guest had alerted the police first as multiple calls were made. Camera feed showed physical confrontation and finally the employee form being used was invalid as the employee had been terminated.
I urge you to contact your property GM as you were under an employee rate. She alerted us the form was fraudulent. Your HR department was made aware of your experience the evening of your arrival and has yet to hear from you. I apologize for your perception, however we will maintain respect, dignity, and security of all guests, employees, and vendors.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Great little hotel almost new having such an amazing place to visit and all employees treat you like your home! Feel in love with them front desk, room service I absolutely highly recommend this spot if your ever In this area very close to malls and restaurants

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Halosteam
msyfmgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Orleans Metairie, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Halosteam -
Thank you so much for showing some love to our Associates! They are the absolute best in the area! Jefferson Parish is constantly welcoming new businesses in our area! We're so proud to have a Shake Shack, Outback, Whole Foods, and Buffalo Wild Wings all within an easy walk! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 1, 2020

The hotel is new so that means everything has a fresh, clean look. Beds and pillows are very comfortable. The shower curtain was too short so it was like Lake Pontachane in our bathroom. The pool heating system was malfunctioning but the gym was great. Complimentary breakfast was well-rounded and good. Most staff was great but others did not make eye contact and avoided conversation. Overall, it was a great place to stay and is in an area that has lots of restaurants, stores, etc.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank BurtlerF2019

Good Day BurtlerF2019 -
We apologize about the shower issue...we have purchased and installed new and longer shower curtains in every room with a tub to ensure no spillage onto the floor. We love Lake Pontchartrain, but not in our hotel! Luckily, the lake shore is only 7-10 minutes away! Our pool heater has been repaired and in good order. We are constantly working to improve our guest experiences and will take your notes on being greeted to implement further training. I am grateful for your four rating and I thank you so much for your kind recommendation...stop by to see our improvements!

Reviewed December 28, 2019

It was our first time visiting the New Orleans area, and we couldn't have stayed at a more comfortable hotel. In recent years, what we've been looking for when selecting a hotel to stay at for our vacation are the following: the condition/appearance of the hotel; the location of the hotel in terms of how convenient it would be to get to our destinations; the safety/security of the hotel; the overall value we would receive from staying at the hotel; and, how comfortable the rooms are. We were extremely satisfied with our stay here, and we are glad to report that our first stay at a Fairfield by Marriott hotel exceeded all our expectations. First, we knew that this was a "newer" hotel, and it showed as the condition/appearance of the building and the interior was excellent. Our room and bathroom were very clean when we arrived. The bathroom sink and shower worked perfectly, providing continuous warm/hot water for our family of four. The location of the hotel worked out great, as it was a short easy drive to get to the French Quarter and surrounding areas of the city, plus we could get to parts near and far to the west of New Orleans as desired. Also, there was easy access to restaurants outside of the French Quarter, several of which we dined at. The hotel is also near plenty of retail stores, which we did not have time to visit. The neighborhood seemed to be very safe, and we felt very secure in our hotel. There was plenty of free parking available, but you'll have to pay for parking when you visit the French Quarter if you drive (we paid just about $20 for five hours of parking each time we went to the French Quarter). In addition to the free parking, a free breakfast is included so that added to the overall value of the hotel. During our stay, here is what was available over three days: bagels (plain and cinnamon raisin); cream cheese, butter, strawberry jam, grape jelly, peanut butter, and honey; pork sausage patty; turkey sausage link; scrambled eggs; cage-free cheese omelets; canadian bacon; orange juice; cranberry juice; apple juice; Kellogg's cereals (Froot Loops, Corn Flakes, Low-Fat Granola); make your own Belgian waffles, with syrup; 2% milk; Chobani greek yogurt; Dannon light and fit yogurt; lemon poppyseed cake; pound cake; marble cake; english muffin; bread; pineapple; boiled eggs; oatmeal (brown sugar, raisin, craisin, slivered almond, and walnut piece toppings); coffee; tea; hot chocolate; danish (cheese, apple, raspberry); and, cantaloupe. Some folks might not care for the eggs or meats as they are not necessarily cooked-from-scratch delicious, but the breads/cakes/danishes and oatmeal and yogurt were fine, and I myself had way too much (of everything, including eggs and meats) as usual. I didn't see any daily newspaper available, but I did not ask to make sure that they don't usually provide it. The in-room television screen was huge with a sharp, crisp, clean display, plus you could login to your Netflix account to watch shows on the large screen if you so desired. The in-room wifi worked fine. The air conditioner and fan worked well, so you could make it very cold or not cold at all, whichever way you wanted to go. A hair dryer was included in the bathroom. The beds and pillows were soft -- comfortable for my family members, but if you want firm beds and pillows, then these might not be as comfortable for you. There was a mini-refrigerator in the room. We weren't bothered by any noise in the halls or from upstairs, but that could have been because we were lucky and had good neighbors. It seemed like on some occasions you could hear the heavy front door of other rooms slam shut (which it did automatically, including ours), but other than that, we did not hear any neighbors or hallway noise. The only major topic that we cannot comment on is how good a job housekeeping does in servicing rooms during people's stays. We were here over Christmas, and we saw a note that said that housekeeping was off on Christmas Day, so we thought we might get housekeeping service on the day after Christmas, but that did not happen; however, the note wasn't clear if service would completely return the day after Christmas, and we also had earlier put up a sign for no service on Christmas Day, so that may have confused the issue. In any case, we actually preferred just going to the front desk to ask for four clean sets of towels and two rolls of toilet paper, without housekeeping needing to clean the bathrooms or make the bed, since we were leaving the hotel the next day anyways; the front desk happily provided the towels and toilet paper to us. There was a nice fitness room with new equipment (recumbent bicycle, three treadmills and elliptical machines, medicine balls and ropes, stationary weight center, and free weights. There was a swimming pool (and perhaps a hot tub?), but we did not use it; I think that the front-desk person had told us that the swimming pool was heated, but I'm not sure if I am recalling that correctly. There were two computers available for fast internet access -- there was a printer available, but no chairs, and a 30-minute time limit for each session that you started. The few times we interacted with Fairfield personnel, they were friendly and responsive. In the lobby, water (with lemon or lime) was available by the cup. All in all, we enjoyed a comfortable stay at the Fairfield in Metairie; the building was "newish", and all the parts/amenities (television, shower, sink, elevator) worked as expected -- no disappointments!

1  Thank 20854Dave_K

20854Dave_K -
WOW! Thank you so much for the GREAT review! When can you start?! We're going to put you on the team! We do offer limited Housekeeping on Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day and apologize this wasn't communicated with you...we're always trying to find areas to improve and we'll certainly ensure we do a better job in 2020.
Regarding your other details, it absolutely validates the hard work our Ladies and Gentlemen do each day to ensure our hotel feels as a home away from home. We truly act as a family among our team and for our guests to feel the love means we're doing something right. I'm ecstatic to share your review with our team and I look forward to greeting you on your next visit!